Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 12:06 AM

Default ReWire related error messages after closing PTLE 7.3.1

I recently updated pro tools LE 7.1 to 7.3.1.

When I close protools I get error messages:

Mirosoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error! Program C:\Programfiles\Digidesign\Pro Tools\protoolsLE.exe

R6025
-Pure virtual function call.

Rewire.DLL Verify fail

I am running VSampler 3.5 in ReWire. The messages comes after I've already closed VSampler first then the session.

I found one post with exactly the same problem, but I could not find any response to it.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Robert Millord
[email protected]

Intel quad Q6600, ASUS P5K DeLuxe WiFi, Radeon HD Gfx cards, 3 LCD monitors, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP, Win 7x64, REAPER 64bit, Wavelab.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: ReWire related error messages after closing PTLE 7.3.1

This is a problem caused by VSampler. It did the very same thing for me when I tried the demo. I uninstalled it right away. I think that particular software definitely needs a little work. I, personally, wouldn't spend money on the full product, that's for sure.

I would bring it up on their Bug Report forum if I were you.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-07-2007, 06:49 PM

...But it was not only me reporting this problem in Pro Tools.

Read this post:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...v=#Post1116372

And there was the same problem but with Gigasampler running in ReWire.

I tried to ask the author of that post (Ron Teekell) if he found some solution, but did not get any response yet.

Intel quad Q6600, ASUS P5K DeLuxe WiFi, Radeon HD Gfx cards, 3 LCD monitors, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP, Win 7x64, REAPER 64bit, Wavelab.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:07 PM

i get the same while running reason(i do have the latest rewire update from reason)only on one particular session
Old 07-07-2007, 07:34 PM

I'm not sure why it would happen in Reason, but my suspicion with both VSampler and Gigasampler is that they were written using the old version of rewire. When they install themselves, they check to see if the main system rewire.dll has been installed, and if it has, they just use that one, instead of overwriting it (always a wise move, especially if other programs are using it). However, if the dll has changed some functions (which I'm assuming it has, since it's... ummm... new ), and the software is not aware of those changes and tries to access the old functions that are no longer available or have changed in a way that is unexpected, then the program fails in the way that you are experiencing.

This does not happen for me when using the following rewire programs and 7.3.1cs3;
  • Reason (which I would expect to function normally over rewire since they're the ones who created it)
  • Ableton Live
  • Fruity Loops

The only time I have experienced that particular error with all of the above mentioned software is when I had the VSampler demo installed. Removing/deleting the demo solved the problem. Hence the deduction is that VSampler is the problem. Do you see why I made that deduction and came to that conclusion? It is really the only logical one. Sure, maybe Pro Tools is trying to access some functions in the rewire connection that are unavailable in that software because they aren't using the new rewire.dll, but that's not really Pro Tools' fault. The programmers of VSampler should update their software to use the new rewire.

BTW, you can fix the broken size of this thread by editing your post and using the URL link under "Instant UBB Code" on the edit window instead of just pasting the link right in the message

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12