Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 04:17 PM

Default New iBook / iMac - Firewire

I know this has been stated repeatedly in the DUC, and, this isn't a digi flame...

But (and this is a big, big but)

Digi REALLY needs to introduce a firewire interface.

Period.

The new iMac announced today is clocking at 700 with a 60 Gig drive!!?!
Digi also needs firewire HD (for deicated audio) implementation. The home recording market has exploded - it's only going to get crazier. I read all of these posts about why Digi isn't doing this and that and protecting their market, and cubase, and DP, and proprietary this, and so on...

The bottom line is this: The next Starbucks / McDonald's / Wal-Mart is going to be the Company that can bundle a sick interface with sick software and make it all run on my iBook, and make it less than a grand - with killer plug-ins, all kinds of sync, beautiful interface, killer sound, killer specs, video playback. You name it. I don't think I am dreaming either.
When I started in this biz ADATs were hot sh*t. And they were $2800 a pop! And that didn't even get you reverb or mixing power! Things are CHANGING.

I want to be very clear about this: This is not a digi flame. If they don't make it happen, someone will. And we're close. Very close. MOTU is VERY close with the 828 / DP 3 one-two punch. I want it to be Digi. I want PT in my backpack.

Someone is going to crush everyone. Any guesses? I hope Digi pulls it off... For my sake and theirs.

Andy O.