Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 06:38 PM

Default midi click set up with Triton, keeping click whilst using triton for audio?

Thanks for any help on this ...
I'm finishing off 5 songs at the moment and have all of them set to a click using a Triton as the midi device. It is currently running through the aux send.
Drums, guitars, bass etc are done, now I want to add audio Triton parts and keep the click running but as soon as I change voices (set to one of the kits for the click), the click comes through as the new voice?
What do I need to do to keep the click but change to string/piano etc sounds?
The click 'pulse' is coming through the audio channel, which isn't really a good thing
Sorry if this has been covered (I did search but couldn't decipher a relevant response to this query).
Thanks again
cheers

mp
Old 01-23-2003, 01:33 PM

Default Re: midi click set up with Triton, keeping click whilst using triton for audio?

Why do you even need a click,,?,,if all you need is a count in,,then record the click as audio,,Also,,are you using the TRITON in SEQUENCER mode,,?if not,,do so and go to the midi menue in pt,,scroll down to click set up and select OO1 channel 1 as your midi channel,,inside the triton put a drum kit on channel one,,then you can use the remaining 15 midi channels for your other parts,,
Old 01-23-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: midi click set up with Triton, keeping click whilst using triton for audio?

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to not put the click on an audio track (doing everything as stereo tracks) - and yes you are right, really only need the count in at this stage of the project
Where you say, "inside the Triton put a drum kit on channel 1" (I'm doing this for the click in PT), can you run this through for me? I wasn't in sequencer mode, do you still have access to all the voice banks in sequencer mode?
Thanks again

mp
Old 01-23-2003, 08:21 PM

I'm assuming your using a TRITON and not a TRITON Le,,allthough i would imagine it's all the same,,Right in front of you you have eight buttons,,COMBI,,PROG,,ect,,second one down on the left is SEQ,,Press that bad boy and youll get a screen that says,,NEW SONG,,now you've got two choises,,well three realy if you include reading the quick start guide,,
1;in the top right corner there is an arrow pointing down,,touch this and a drop down menue will apear,,select LOAD TEMPLATE SONG,,this will give you 15 choises,,choose the one most apropriate to your song,,it will load eight midi channals of instruments and a bunch of FX's,,the drums are on the first channal,,
2;if you want to build your own TRITON session,,at the bottom of the screen are a bunch of tabs,,press the one that says,PROG 1-8,,now press the one under the #1,,you will get a screen that lists all of the instrument groups,,choose drums,,If you want to copy the FX from program mode,,go to the right of the screen below the jog dial and you will see two buttons,,one says EXIT,,the other MENU,,press menue and then select P8 Insert Effect,,now go to the arrow and select copy insert effect,,choose what you want to do and press ok,,make sure that you have routed the udio from the track to the FXhit the EXIT button and your back at the NEW SONG page,,
Old 01-24-2003, 12:56 AM

Hi,
anyone with ideas? Solutions? Some help would be great! Thanks in advance,
cheers

mp