Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-01-2009, 11:30 AM

Question Re: Structure Free won't load

I am new to this thread, but was having the same issues as the rest of you loading plug-ins upon launch. I tried several of your suggestions, even manually transferring the plug-in hanging up the launch to the 'unused' folder. Updated my PACE and everything...

FYI, Just noticed, IF you remove the one troublemaker, the launch gets hung up on the next plug-in in the list going backwards alphabetically. It is now hanging up on plug-ins that loaded fine earlier. I don't know if that gives any more info to the techsupport to find out what the issue is.

I'm going to uninstall everything and reinstall, but what a pain because apparently I have to open my case and take out the M-Audio sound card each time I do this and reinstall my drivers... I'll be back...
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Avid

Default Re: Structure Free won't load

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasshiro View Post
I am new to this thread, but was having the same issues as the rest of you loading plug-ins upon launch. I tried several of your suggestions, even manually transferring the plug-in hanging up the launch to the 'unused' folder. Updated my PACE and everything...

FYI, Just noticed, IF you remove the one troublemaker, the launch gets hung up on the next plug-in in the list going backwards alphabetically. It is now hanging up on plug-ins that loaded fine earlier. I don't know if that gives any more info to the techsupport to find out what the issue is.

I'm going to uninstall everything and reinstall, but what a pain because apparently I have to open my case and take out the M-Audio sound card each time I do this and reinstall my drivers... I'll be back...
Do you possibly have IE8 installed?

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=243184
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM

I had exactly the same problem (I posted it earlier on this thread).
It seemed that IE8 WAS the bad dude. In my case it was embedded into my version of XP. (it was not a update on IE7)
If you first installed SP3 and after that IE8, you must remove SP3 first, then remove IE8, then reinstall SP3. Also MS has a little program that does it for you.

I installed another version of XP (with IE7) and it runs fine now.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Structure Free won't load (SOLVED)

YAY!

IE8 and Firewall were my culprits ...

Removed IE8 completely (I use Firefox anyways) and disabled firewalls ... No problems loading past Stucture.dpm anymore!

Thanks for the advice!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:06 AM

Hello. I will confirm that I had the same hung-up problem with Structure launching PT. I had to roll back to XP sp2 to be able to remove IE8, and then update to sp3 again. Then PT started as normally and Structure works well. There was no need to disable the firewall.

I use Firefox with no conflicts vs PT

Jan
Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM

I have the same problem with my m powered set up and my le set up I also tried stryucture free but still does it looks like I won't be using structure any time soon pity digidesign didn't iron out he bug with it before releasing as it seems everyone is having this problem
Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 PM

FYI this is for a problem with Pro Tools M-Powered but it may help some:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=40396
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willr View Post
For what it's worth I just got off the phone with the Digi techs for this same problem. I have a PC DAW (XP Home and an Intel board and quad processor) and PT LE 8 that hangs on launch when it gets to Structure. The workaround for me was to go to EXPLORE and drill down to the folder that houses the plugins for PT. From there I moved the TWO structure files into the Plug Ins (Not Used) folder then restarted PT LE 8 and it loads up fine. At this point we could not figure out why Structure will not load but we're sure it has something to do with my DAW configuration. My next move is to turn off all external hard drives to see if that's the problem. From there I'll go into sysconfig and shut down all startup programs ... stay tuned. For me at least, I don't even need Structure but now it's a challenge to figure it out.
Thanks, this worked for me
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM

It not just your DAW config. I'm having the same hanging problem in OSX using structure free in Mpowered.