Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 PM

Default -43 Error "file or folder note found"

Hey All,

I started running into this -43 error a few weeks back with sessions that were created in PT 6 or 7 but currently being run under Pt 8.0.3cs1. The issues been pretty random. I added this info to another post but it was related to bouncing files not exporting... I've yet to update to cs2 so I can't comment on how that effects things. I'm printing my mixes to a track internally (not bouncing) When I try to export my print I get the -43 "file or folder not found" error. Some one on the other thread suggested that this was a corrupt fade issue but there are no fades on the internal print that I'm trying to export. I've yet to try creating a new session / delete my fades folder to confirm that this is a corruption issue. Some of these older sessions worked fine prior to having trouble with the -43 error. I believe the only installed changes on my rig have been Mac updates. I have Logic installed on this machine and may have updated it... I am not running 10.6.3. Does anyone at Digi (oops ) I mean Avid care to comment or lend any insight? Below are my specs. I'll trouble shoot when I get a chance and report back. If there's anyone that's seen this and would care to comment I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

PT 8.0.3cs1 All plugs and 3rd party confirmed current / ? playing nice.
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8 Xeon OS 10.6.2
12 GB Ram
HD3 Accel w/ (3) 192, (1) Big Ben, (1) Sync IO, (1) Rosetta 800 HDx card
Icon

bla, bla, bla...

Thanks again!
Luker[at]acaciarecording[dot]com
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Default Re: -43 Error "file or folder note found"

For grins I just quickly tried deleting the fades folder and regenerating the fades. No dice. Also, all prefs... have been trashed and Pram has been reset.
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 04-13-2010, 11:54 PM

I just pulled the mix files that wouldn't export from my older PT session into a new PT 8.0.3cs1 session for mastering. After mastering and printing the final mastered mix they exported fine. So that would seem to rule out that there's a PT conflict with files that couldn't be exported. Next I'll try doing a save copy as then an import session data to create new sessions of the old ones to confirm session corruption.
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 AM

I've found that moving sessions from PT 7 to 8 can be sensitive. Import session usally solved the issues I've had.
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.