Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Flash Player Error

What do I do if i have the same problem on Win XP home SP3? Is there a Microsoft fix it for that OS aswell
Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Avid

To confirm, are you getting the exact same error as described in this troubleshooting video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJFp90Zxgw

Do you use Internet Explorer? If you install the latest flash player through IE, does it make a difference?

Can you locate the quickstart.html file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Digidesign\Pro Tools\QuickStart\ and then right-click and choose to open it with Internet Explorer? Does the menu display properly in IE?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:31 PM

Default Problem Solved!!

I have found a way to fix the problem!!! Simply go to your digidesign folder>Pro Tools>Demo Songs then choose one of these and inside the folder is a .ptf file. Open that and it completely skips the quickstart menu. Delete all the tracks and then save it as copy of session or something and then your fine. If you do not have the demo songs folder reinstall pro tools SE and be sure to check the box that asks if you want to install the demo songs and loops. Hope this helps!!

Like my band
facebook.com/STFCYANIDE
I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:57 PM

I found a solution that works. The problem is the result of poor programming and it disturbs me that Avid has not found the time or taken the responsibility to correct it or even address it in these forums. We the consumer have paid for a product that did not work out of the box. They do not appear to care.

I am a computer technical support agent and I can attest to the fact that no one cares whether your problem is solved or not.

I did the usual, uninstalled Pro-Tools SE, uninstalled Flash. reinstalled Flash , reinstalled Pro-Tools SE. Nothing worked.

So since this software did not acknowledge any Flash version higher that 9.0.124 . I searched for older Flash versions and found
http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php. I uninstalled Pro-tools and Flash and downloaded and installed 9.0.16.0.

I then re-installed the Pro-Tools-SE , it gave the same error but this time when I ungraded to Flash 11.1.102.55 it actually worked.

I hope this works for you.

P.S. I must have wasted 3 hours on this.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:52 AM

my people i solved the problem about "Flash Player Error"

step 1:
-install the FLV player

step 2:
-the FLV will ask you to update the your flash player, if not, do it anyway, so reinstall it from abode http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

step 3:
-you must have connected your M-audio micro USB, then open you pro tools SE and you got it!...it works!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 AM

Thumbs up Re: Flash Player Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco.Rodrigues View Post
People I fixed the problem:

"Pro tools start up screen shows a message stating tha adobe flash is not installed even though you installed several times" - This problem blocks you from using the program properly

The root of the problem is a wrong entry in windows registry that has to be erased (deleted)

Attention: If you have any doubts don't do the operation above, contact me and i will help.

1. Open windows registry (be careful here)
2. Access the Node:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Zones]
3. Export this entire registry for back up purposes just in case
4. Notice the entries... the first entry within the root informed above should start from number 0 (zero), however you may notice that the first entry is a symbol different from any numbers we know. This entry has to be deleted. Only this entry.

I did this and now it works fine!! Please try it and if it works let me know.

My specs:
Pro Tools Se 8.0.3
Mobile PRE (Sound Board)
Notebook Lenovo
Intel Core(TM) I5 CPU
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64-Bits)
Thanks

FINE thank you !!well done!
I try to install my new pro tools SE 8.0.3 with the Flash Player problem.
and i just deleted this entry and now it works!
Merci beaucoup tu es un chef
XP PRO SP3
pentium 4
2GB Ram
Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM

I think the issue is that the addons are disabled for Internet Explorer so its not able to run the flash part of the quickstart menu. I'm currently trying to get this going on my computer.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:20 AM

This is SO annoying. So many buyers of the M-Audio etc. rely on PT SE to do demos and write Avid should really sort this out. Happens on Mac too!

Perhaps get rid of the aging/failing Flash dependence? Upgrade PT SE??