Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2015, 12:38 PM

Default Icon D-Control Surround Panner Black Screen

So on one of our D-Controls in the studio, the display for the Surround Panner Module is black and doesn't seem to light up. Everything else on the module is working fine (buttons, rotaries, and joysticks). In fact, the display can even sense touches, so that component works just fine. It just seems like the display.

We are running Pro Tools 11 on OS X 10.10.5 on a 2013 Mac Pro (Can). Here are a few things I have tried:

- Cycle power on the main unit and fader banks

- Make sure it is on the latest firmware

- Reset the console to factory settings

- Disconnect and reconnect cables going to the surround panner unit

- Swap with another Surround Panning Unit to see if it is something else on the board. It wasn't. The other unit works just fine.

- Try to recalibrate Joysticks and Touchscreen in Utility Menu. (To no avail since I can't see what I'm doing.

Any ideas? Maybe I'm missing something really simple or does it sound like the unit or component needs to be replaced.

Thanks for any help!