Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Midi Controller Sustain Pedal

For the life of me I can't figure out how to make the sustain pedal work on my Oxygen 8 v2. If someone could please enlighten me on this subject I would be grateful.

I am using PTLE 8 with and Mbox2 Mini.
TY in advance.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Midi Controller Sustain Pedal

*Bump
I have searched here and beyond the Internet to find a solution to my Oxygen8 Sustain pedal problem to no avail. Is there any one who can help me? The midi keyboard works great except for the fact it will not hold a sustain. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me solve this problem.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Is it the correct pedal? There are 3 kinds of pedals; momentary open, momentary closed, and latching. A latching pedal would not work at all. As for the momentary versions, the incorrect one would work backwards(IOW, with the pedal UP, notes would sustain). I'm not sure which type you need, so it might be worth a read of the manual. Also, check in Pro Tools under the Setup>Midi menus to make sure that midi input filter is not set to ignore sustain pedal commands. Hope that helps

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Is it the correct pedal? There are 3 kinds of pedals; momentary open, momentary closed, and latching. A latching pedal would not work at all. As for the momentary versions, the incorrect one would work backwards(IOW, with the pedal UP, notes would sustain). I'm not sure which type you need, so it might be worth a read of the manual. Also, check in Pro Tools under the Setup>Midi menus to make sure that midi input filter is not set to ignore sustain pedal commands. Hope that helps

It might help. I am using the sustain pedal I have with my Yamaha Keyboard (I use the Yamaha for live gigs). I just took it and hooked it up to my Oxygen 8. Do you think this pedal is simply not compatible?
Just to be clear, the Oxygen 8 works perfect within Pro Tools LE. However, I get no sustain when I hook up the pedal. Is there some sort of specific pedal I need to get? Sorry for the basic question but I am somewhat short on funds so I don't want to purchase a new pedal if it won't help.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 AM

I guess what I am asking is, do you think I have a Latching Pedal? Also, I have made sure the midi input filter is not set to ignore sustain pedal commands
Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 AM

I doubt its a latching pedal as that's not what works with the Yamaha(I use a Motif es8 in my studio). Wish I had more ideas. If the pedal was backwards on the Oxygen(notes sustain with the pedal UP) then it would be simple. But if its not working at all, maybe there's a setting for the Oxygen, or maybe you are in the wrong jack? What jacks are available on the keyboard? Sometimes they have 2 or 3 jacks for sustain, damper and volume(or other CC function). Why not try the Yamaha as your controller to see if the pedal controls plugins that way(if it does, then suspect the Oxygen. If it does NOT, then suspect some setting in Pro Tools midi functions).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave