Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 PM

Default Very low gain on inputs, Mbox, and intermitent static

Ive got an Mbox and have had an issue recently with extremely low gain on the inputs. All mics, doesnt matter, I have to crank the input all the way up just to get an acceptable volume, but then I get a fair amount of static.

Thihs has been in conjunction with a major input issue with extreme digital static every few times I start up pro-tools, it happens on all inputs only when I record enable and record. If I restart a few times it will go away, but will come back if I add up to 8 tracks or so.

Possibly related, but are major issues. Mbox has been reat for a while but this is terrible.

Anyw help is greaty appreciated.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Very low gain on inputs, Mbox, and intermitent static

You should start with the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread, specifially trashing preference and database files, and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Very low gain on inputs, Mbox, and intermitent static

Thank you. I was a long time member here but havent been on in years, and forgot my original username, etc...

Computer was running perfect with heavy usage about 3 years ago then I stopped recording for a few years and am back at it again, now I'm having issues.

I'll go through the setup and see what I can do.