Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Help me! Hard drive wont be accepted!

Hi, I have the DIGI 002R and a Powerbook 17". I've been using a Lacie firewire drive to do all my work. Today all of a sudden, I cannot start new sessions or even open old ones because I get the error: Session must be on an audio record volume"
What happened? I've recorded all my audio to this drive for a few months without any problems...

help me!

thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Help me! Hard drive wont be accepted!

PTLE does this from time to time. You have to change the setting in the workspace menu.
I don;t have the exect stuff in front of me, but a search (or patience) will get this resolved.

Try searching the manual on the error or the answerbase.
DigiOO2 Factory
Old 04-28-2005, 06:17 AM

I am having the same problem, and have been unable to fix the issue. Changing the settings in the workspace setup isnt allowed, it gives the same error. I even un-installed and re-installed like in the knowledge base, but it also did no good.

I am trying to use a LAcie big disk external, which at one time did work. Who knows what the problem is. Maybe its time to sell the 002r, and move to Logic 100%. The 002r works fine with my copy of Logic Pro 7, but I cant even get Pro tools to run with it. Kinda ironic.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:57 AM

This happednd to me also today with a OWC FW hard drive today. I opened a new session in PT on a separate internal hard drive, and I was able to change the system workspace options for the FW hard drive. It was set to T and I changed it to record or R. I was then able to use the FW hard drive after closing the new session. You might want to try opening a new session on another hard disk to adjust your system workspace even if it is your system drive.

Funny how the same things happen on the same day. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Avid

Artgug - was the drive ever formatted using the OSX Disk Utility? If not, that's the best place to start. If you have formatted it with the Disk Utility previously, you should use the Disk Utility to repair permissions on your main drive, which may fix the problem.

As a last resort, back up all the data on the drive and erase the drive in Disk Utility again.