Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-12-2019, 06:58 AM

Default iLok lost... I can't transfer my licence on my new ilok...

Hello, i lost my iLok few month ago.
I have my RMA, my ASC, my ilok user id, well all is good to switch my Pro Tools licence on the new iLok.
But, i have this error message :

HTML Code:
Error trying to create lost iLok case. Please try again later or call the Customer Support.
Maybe it comes from the iLok serial number. The one i put is the one of my NEW iLok. I have to put the one of my old iLok? But as I lost it, and as i have a new computer, i don't know if there is a way to get back my old serial number..

Anyway, maybe it's another issue. I juste need some support, i really need to have Pro Tools back , and as we can't contact Avid directly by phone, it's really complicated. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 AM

Default Re: iLok lost... I can't transfert my licence on my new ilok...

I’d be contacting PACE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Lost iLok, Avid Support Error

Hello, i have exactly the SAME issue.
As we can't contact Avid by phone or mail (or i just don't know how), it's very hard to fix that.

We really need some help because we're a bit lost and we really need Pro Tools.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 AM

Are you sure it comes from Pace ?
You mean i should contact them to get back my old iLok serial number?

any Avid pro member to tell me if i should put the serial number of my NEW iLOK ? (what i did and i have this error message), or the serial of the OLD ONE, the lost one (which i haven't as i have another computer now...) ?
Old 02-13-2019, 08:21 AM

If I was getting an error message regarding my iLok, I’d contact PACE as they’re the manufacturer. That’s why I suggested contacting them.

It’s unclear, we’ll at least to me, if it’s a Pro Tools issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2019, 09:40 AM

I don’t understand what the issue is !?

You started an RMA with Pace/iLok to get a log so Avid can take action on your case but you are asking what iLok serial number you need to put in! The RMA should have showed you what steps to take as thats what it is for.

You can NOT transfer any licenses from your iLok account to a new iLok key since it has been reported lost or stolen so the best you can hope for is that Avid help you with a new license which you will have to wait for until Pace have done due diligence. Again Avid have no obligations to hand out a new replacement license but as far as I know they do help out but you need to do the correct steps. Even if you found your old iLok key the licenses are now deactivated and gone. You will need to get a new license for PT as there are none in your name anymore after reporting the ilok lost or stolen.

The licenses that was on your lost ilok are lost and deactivated so you will have to wait for Avid to contact you. If you had TLC and or Zero Downtime on the lost ilok key then Pace provides 30 day licenses for most plugins until you sorted out the rest. If you didn’t have Zero Downtime then you will have to contact the developers yourself and explain what happened and hope for the best. The devs have no obligations to give you new licenses so thats why it is CRUCIAL to pay for Zero DT which is insurance just like your car insurance.

Avid just dont hand out licenses when people loose their stuff. iLok key is a valuable little thing as it holds the licenses to run your setup so follow the steps and someone will contact you when they recieved what they need from you.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarney View Post
Are you sure it comes from Pace ?
You mean i should contact them to get back my old iLok serial number?

any Avid pro member to tell me if i should put the serial number of my NEW iLOK ? (what i did and i have this error message), or the serial of the OLD ONE, the lost one (which i haven't as i have another computer now...) ?

You will need to start up an RMA with PACE as that's part of the Lost, Stolen or Broken iLok procedure. You can click here for more info.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Lost iLok, Avid Support Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarney View Post
Hello, i have exactly the SAME issue.
As we can't contact Avid by phone or mail (or i just don't know how), it's very hard to fix that.

We really need some help because we're a bit lost and we really need Pro Tools.

Welcome to the community, and sorry that you are having trouble with your ASC in addition to having lost your iLok!

Started a support case for you and will get this solved.
Old 05-30-2022, 04:15 AM

Default Re: iLok lost... I can't transfer my licence on my new ilok...

Hey,

I'm having the same issue! I lost my iLok, bought a new one, submitted the RMA, spent money buying the ASC and now I'm trying to submit the dangle replacement form, but it keeps saying: "Error trying to create lost iLok case. Please try again later or call the Customer Support."... I got all the information that the form asks for.

Anyone, can you please help? It sucks to buy access to support only to not be able to get it.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2022, 08:43 AM

Default Re: iLok lost... I can't transfer my licence on my new ilok...

Welcome to the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanW View Post
...I lost my iLok, bought a new one, submitted the RMA, spent money buying the ASC and now I'm trying to submit the dangle replacement form, but it keeps saying: "Error trying to create lost iLok case. Please try again later or call the Customer Support."...
I found your account and ASC (it was in your Products Not Yet Downloaded). I will start the case for you so please watch your email...