Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2016, 02:41 PM

Default PT12 & Duet2 Issue

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to PT12 on my Mac system. I'm using Apogee Duet 2 as audio interface and have been having an issue intermittently with it:

All of a sudden the sound will turn into a weird robotic, unintelligible, compressed or crunched sounding output. I'm using virtual instruments to test this. Doesn't matter which VI library I use either.

When this happens, I have tried closing the session file then re-opening it. As well I try restarting (and resetting) the Duet 2, and finally I tried quitting PT then re-opening. All of these methods seem to work in temporarily getting the sound to go back to normal. However, if I keep going it inevitably happens again, sometimes it takes a while to happen again but sometimes it happens shortly afterward. I usually have to at least close the session file and re-open and even just this works the majority of the time but not all the time.

So far I have tried trashing the PT prefs but that did not work to fix the issue. Another thing to note is that the Duet 2 seems to work fine with non-PT stuff like iTunes and such. So its definitely a PT+Apogee-specific issue.

One addition which may or may not be related, is that I sometimes get the error that PT ran out of CPU power. However it doesn't make sense bc when I go to my disk usage it says only 10% is being used. I've attached the error message along with a screen shot of my disk usage and system usage in PT. Again this may be a separate issue from the weird Duet 2 sound thing but just thought I'd throw it out there in case there is a connection.

Just wondering if others have experienced this issue and if so, what has worked to resolve it?

Thanks!