Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Default Registration problems - unable to extend Update Plan or get 3P plugins

Title says it all. I love this thing. Sound quality is really good, IMO, and the hybrid engine is a really clever implementation.

However...

I tried three times to register the damn thing and it kept failing. Yes I opened a ticket. Third time it took, but it would not let me extend my perpetual license as I had planned. It kept telling me I wasn’t qualified to extend. Don’t get that. I am current until like the end of ‘21.

Ok not a huge thing I guess, so now I have a license of HEAT, and the complete plugin bundle, but none of the bonus software. I already have most of the plugins from the complete bundle, except for like the “Pro” series..(Pro multiband comp etc.) and I do like Smack on certain sources though.

I wasn’t sure if it had to be registered before firing it up to allow firmware update. I guess not, because after two failed attempts at registering I said screw it, let’s see if it’ll run. It does, and does so very well.

The long and short of it is; I think I got it registered, but I got none of the additional software that was supposed to come with it.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Last edited by jeffro; 01-22-2021 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Similar threads merged and subject updated for visibility.