Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Screensaver came on during recording...

set up a loop recording and hopped in the booth. I guess I wasn't aware how many takes I did, but when I stepped out my screensaver was on. No big deal I thought, and so I moved my mouse, and then I hit stop to sop recording, and now my audio file that I recorded is magically gone. I tried to find it underneath my audio files folder but it is not there. But I think logically that it has to be somewhere as pro tools was recording something. As a test I armed it to record again just to see what it would name the file and at the end of the file it had an 02 on there, meaning that it was the second recording, but of course there is no sign of the first one anywhere. Is there any hope of being able to retrieve it, or is it a known fact that when the screen saver comes on you are screwed (yeah I know should've disabled it, hindsight is 20/20).
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Screensaver came on during recording...

It should still be on your hard drive.

Open your Workspace Browser and locate the Audio file name on the appropriate HD and then drag it back onto the timeline.

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
G4 MMD Dual 1g + 1.25g RAM
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
3 Lacie 80g FW Audio Drives
Old 07-07-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Screensaver came on during recording...

Yes it SHOULD be on the harddrive, but I sure as heck can't find it. I even resorted to doing a search through all my hard drives for the file and did not manage to come up with it. On the plus side, at least it was just some back up vocals, so it's not the biggest lost in the world, and now the screen saver is disabled when I record (especially when I am the one man show in the studio).