Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 01-12-2022, 01:37 PM

Default Video Engine "Network clock is not locked" error when screen sharing video over skype

Hey there,

I keep getting the dreaded "The Video Engine reported an error. More information is in the Video Engine log file." error when doing remote ADR recording. The error in the log file is "Cannot start playback. The network clock is not locked. Please try again."

Here's my setup:

Mac mini (2018) 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i7, 64 GB RAM

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Pro Tools 2019.6.0

Using Source NEXUS for director over Skype audio in and out of Pro Tools. So skype audio preferences microphone and speaker are set to NEXUS A and B, respectively.

Using ConnectionOpen for actor audio into Pro Tools

Sharing 2nd monitor screen over Skype for director and actor to view.

Internet is on ethernet cable directly from mac to router.

The issue is intermittent. It will pop up, I will restart pro tools, and it will work for a minute then come back. Sometimes if I click around the timeline and try playing it will work again.

Any experience or ideas on how to solve this issue would be much appreciated, thank you!