Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 01-26-2023, 04:38 PM

Default Midi Export Timing Issue

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post, so I apologize if this is the inappropriate place for this question. My issue is this:

I have a large session (13 songs with different tempos) and 2 midi tracks. I have rendered all virtual instruments to audio files and exported them to a new (cleaner) session, I plan on using live. Since audio is printed, the tempo for all audio files is where it should be.

The problem is, is that when I export the 2 midi files and import them into that new (cleaner) session, the midi tracks are off. Is there a way I can "print" the 2 midi tracks or export/import without it changing tempo/throwing everything off?

On the new (cleaner) session, I do not need to follow a timeline or care at all about real-time tempos as everything is basically printed (including click track). I also, want to move songs around from time to time.

Thanks in advance!