Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-02-2020, 02:02 AM

Default Avid support is an absolute joke

I contacted Avid about a lost ilok with my RMA and they told me to buy a ASC and then contact them when I have, which I did 3-4 minutes after they told me to. I emailed to say I purchased it but hadn't received the ASC. The site told me to look at my emails and my email tells me to access my purchase in the download centre. When I access the "Retrieve ASC Details" of the website I am informed "No Active ASC Code found".

Their last reply to me was 3 days ago to tell me to purchase the ASC.
I have tried to phone Avid and they have temporarily closed your licensing support line.

Meanwhile I'm a day late submitting a record for mastering... I have paid £36 specifically for what will likely require 5 minutes of Avid's time and they have not replied in 3 days.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Avid support is an absolute joke

Perhaps you should report the loss to Pace/ilok, and start the replacement procedure. Or am I missing something? If this is only a Pro Tools auth that you are missing, try downloading and running the demo until this straitens out.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com