Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-01-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Davec test shows cpu in red after record only

Hey guys,

I'm running the test like instructed and I'm not sure about something. As I add tracks I noticed that the cpu usage window shows completely in the green while recording but after I stop recording after the 69 seconds, the cpu meter then shows a little red...not while recording but after recording has stopped...is this still considered to be "in the red"? If I continue to add tracks the cpu meter will eventually go into the red prior to recording...So, is the system still recording properly if the meter is in the green while recording? or does the red after recording has stopped indicate that the recording was bad? I'll post my results after I get a reply from this post...I think you might be surprised at what I'm getting from my self built system.

thanks,

Jim

Jim (I used to be alot younger)
Old 10-01-2003, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Davec test shows cpu in red after record only

CPU in the read doesn't mean anything went wrong with the recording.

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm running the test like instructed and I'm not sure about something. As I add tracks I noticed that the cpu usage window shows completely in the green while recording but after I stop recording after the 69 seconds, the cpu meter then shows a little red...not while recording but after recording has stopped...is this still considered to be "in the red"? If I continue to add tracks the cpu meter will eventually go into the red prior to recording...So, is the system still recording properly if the meter is in the green while recording? or does the red after recording has stopped indicate that the recording was bad? I'll post my results after I get a reply from this post...I think you might be surprised at what I'm getting from my self built system.

thanks,

Jim

Old 10-01-2003, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Davec test shows cpu in red after record only

Ok, but I need more info...the davec test speaks of "cpu in the red". If i bump the audio and aux trks up in count, I will eventually see red...but with cpu in green while recording, I see red after I hit the stop button...so what is the differnce between the two red display scenarios? One shows red while increasing trk count and the other shows red only after recording is stopped.???

Quote:
CPU in the read doesn't mean anything went wrong with the recording."

Quote:
Hey guys,

thanks,

Jim

Jim (I used to be alot younger)