Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Default PQ Rack Wiring

I am trying to get a CLEAR idea of how I am to wire the PQ card within the rack.. I know there is a PQ link cable but can't find any pictures showing ports or systems set up already.. I am putting together a Profile with PQ's for 6 PQ units.. Those 6 artists are on IEM.. Having a hard time with the connections from PQ card to IEM rack.. I am not in front of the gear and need to visualize the interconnection so I can discuss it with the tech who has no clue how to begin...
Any help?
Icky
Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: PQ Rack Wiring

Hi,

Unlike other personal monitoring systems the PQ COntroller itself does not have an audio output. The normal stage rack outputs are used to feed your IEM system. See the last page of this brochure for an example setup:
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...ring_54013.pdf

The PQ system uses 4-pin XLR cables, provided. A short 4-pin is included with the PQ Rack, and is used to connect the PQ Rack to the Stage Rack. A fifty foot 4-pin is included with each PQ Controller, and connects to the front panel of the PQ Rack. If more length is needed, additional fifty foot cables can be purchased and joined together for a max of 100 feet from PQ Rack to Controller.

Page seven of the user guide shows a connection diagram:
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_28723.pdf

Sheldon
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Sheldon,

Thanks.

Can you confirm that all of the Digidesgin stage racks come standard with the Personal Monitoring out above the "stage 1" and 'stage 2" ports on right hand face of the stage rack.

More to the point.. Are the racks from Sirus in Germany the same??

They are providing my control surfaces...

THANKS A TON!

Icky
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Avid

Hi,

Yes the PQ Link connector is located above the snake BNC connectors on the right side of the stage rack. All stage racks are configured this exact same way.

Sheldon
Old 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Related question on PQ Rack. Spec on the PQ Link cable is max of 15 ft. Are there any options ( Avid or third party...?) to extending that? Looking at installing a Venue system in an existing facility with full conduit - and would like to get about 100 ft btwn the Stage Rack and PQ Rack.
Thanks...
Old 12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Avid

Hi Wally,

I'm not aware of any third party solutions. The link between Stage Rack and PQ Rack is a fairly high-speed connection, hence the length limit.

The connection between PQ Rack and Controller is lower speed, and therefore can go much farther. We test and qualify to 100 feet, but have had customers in installations who have successfully run 300+ feet using a heavier gauge starquad cable. Perhaps this is an option.

Sheldon