Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 AM

Default ProTools looses communication with interface, please help :(.

Hi!

I get the following error message:

Lost communication with the audio Interface. Please try increasing "H/W Buffer size" or removing some plug-ins and make sure you have a valid clock source. Press ok to reset Device (-6097)

What does that mean? I just started with a song using battery, no more Plugins yet. My H/W Buffersize was at 512, I set it to 1024, still the same problem. I have a very new Mac Pro with 6GB RAM, so whatīs the problem? I canīt hear any sound after that message.

Iīve never had this before when using ProTools 7.3, now Iīm using PoTools 8.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 AM

Default Re: ProTools looses communication with interface, please help :(.

oh my god, this is getting more bad .

Now I opened Xpand! and the Plugin window was yellow and had bad graphic problems (like only 256 colours???).

Them ProTools closed immediatly. What is wrong here? I think I need help very badly . My whole work is gone now...it wasnīt that much but you canīt expect that to happen every time, in fact it souldnīt.

look at this photo:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5613/bild1tr1.jpg
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM

ok, the problem with xpand has been solved. I thought it would be good to re-install ProTools (I had to install the Factory plugins for 7.3) and now it works (itīs Xpand2).

But the first problem stays and itīs even getting worse with 2 plugins opened (Battery and Xpand 2). It occurs, when i hit play and then stop. You hear the sound again and again getting more silent (like a Delay) and you hear a crackle out of the monitors.

I can solve this by going into "Setup->Playback Engine..." switching anything around. Then it works again three times maximum, then I have the same problem again.

Can you tell me whatīs wrong here?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:53 AM

It's probably Battery. NI have not quite got their act together re PT and Leopard support.

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...ard&L=1#c65525

Note. These kind of problems can persist even if the offending plug-in is not instantiated in a session. Try this,

1. Move the plug-in from Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins to the adjacent unused plug-ins folder.
2. Delete Preferences
3. Clear Trash and reboot.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 AM

ah ok, so thereīs gonna be an update for Battery 3 soon?

I need Battery, no matter what! So I canīt remove it . I donīt have that folder anyway....