Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidium View Post
Hi, this is the theme song to the sitcom "Stress, ink."

The show is set at an alternative newspaper and features a hilarious casual style like "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or "The Office".

This is a rough headphone mix, I hope to have a pro mix it now that it's been recorded. But I'm trying to get some opinions before I put it to bed:

http://ohthehum.com/pilot/Stress_Ink_Theme_Mix3.aiff

So any and all opinions are welcome, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
-Olaf
Also, if anyone is interested in mixing the song, email me.
Really cool although I wouldn't use such a dramatic widening on the solo. Did you use a delay? Try centering it a little bit more it will add more substance to the mix.
Presonus StudioLive 16 Channel Mixer
Digimax D8 8-Channel Preamp
Command 8
Vocal and Instrument Recording/Live PTHD Mixing
Old 05-22-2009, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Here is the first mix of what will be my bands debut EP. This was done with a 002 with Octopre pre amp and a macbook pro on PT8. All the guitars were through amplitube or guitar rig.

www.myspace.com/novirago ...Hope you enjoy!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM

my studio myspace

www.myspace.com/theastronautslounge
Old 06-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Cool Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Airlift

This is a little chillin' track that was created using sounds from the Air Users Blog. (Except for the reverse cymbals that come from my own secret stash of really cool guy samples. LOL).

I wanted to see how much I could get away with using one instance each of Digidesign's Structure and Transfuser, in Pro Tools of course. PT8 actually.

Within Structure, I used these 8 patches from the Air Users Blog:

Virus Piano Pad-The main riffiage.

Urban Dance Kit-The kick and snare that run through the song.

Orchestral Percussion-For a couple of transitionary cymbal rolls.

Akai MPC60 Hi Hats-The hi-hats that accompany the kick and snare from the Urban Dance Kit.

It's A Sin Strings-These play a kind of counter accent to the main rif[bleep][bleep][bleep]e from the Virus Piano Pad.

Scritti FM Piano-Plays a descending melody line near the end of the track, mixed a bit back.

Triton Marcato + Chamber Strings-This is actually two Air User Blog Patches that I layered into one patch.

Cymbals-I used these instead of the one's from my secret stash as I wanted to stay as only Air Users Blog sounds as I could.

In Transfuser these sample sets and loops:

AIR_Loop_36-This is the main loop, although 4 variations were used based on the original loop. I changed up some of the slices of kicks and such to better follow the changes and movements within the main riffiage from the Virus Piano Pad.

Hybrid Filter Arp 3-I used only the first bar of this loop, with a variation for the ending notes. I played the pitch of the loop, as in what starting note, by assigning it it's own MIDI channel as in the AIR_Loop_36. I used Filter and Delay as inserts in Transfuser to further process the sound.

Def Drums-Loaded some samples from Nexus Drum Singles to create a drum kit with a bit of percussion at the end of the track, an additional snare in the middle, a doom kick thru-out and a snare fill and door slam towards the end of the track.

Hybrid Bass Arp Seq-I loaded this as a Phrase Sequencer as opposed to a REX Loop/Slice Sequencer as I wanted to use the first note of the loop to MIDI sequence a steady bass line. I used Tape Delay, Filter and Lo-Fi as inserts in Transfuser to further process the sound.

Airlift was mixed and mastered using Digi EQIII, Maxim, DDL, TL Space, BombFactory BF-2A, EQP-1A, Fairchild 660, and T-Racks EQ.

Thanks.

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 06-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidium View Post
Hi, this is the theme song to the sitcom "Stress, ink."

The show is set at an alternative newspaper and features a hilarious casual style like "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or "The Office".

This is a rough headphone mix, I hope to have a pro mix it now that it's been recorded. But I'm trying to get some opinions before I put it to bed:

http://ohthehum.com/pilot/Stress_Ink_Theme_Mix3.aiff

So any and all opinions are welcome, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
-Olaf
Also, if anyone is interested in mixing the song, email me.

Olaf! ........... just saw your post..... (been very busy lately) ....... how've you been?

-Roy
Old 06-19-2009, 01:23 AM

Hey Everyone,

I finally have something to contribute. It's an LP I by an indie band from northern California that was just released. It's my first full-length project that I produced, engineered, and mixed (mastered by JJ Golden at Golden Mastering).

"Diplomat" by Occam's Razor

Criticism/comments appreciated.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaneTrez View Post
Here's the first song I've ever done in Pro Tools: http://myspace.com/dlishmusic

The song is in the spirit of popular music these days. Let me know what you think
loved it
Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Mixes of some songs for dilian:
http://diliandilian.com/?page_id=2

Old 06-23-2009, 07:10 AM

nice music parson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parson View Post
thanks for the input, yea im using compression on the individual vocal tracks, and the master fader. i m using a mbox2 pro (pt8) on a mac. i know i have a long way too go but its a start. i usually tend to over due it with verb and eq because my voice isnt exactly american idol material. thanks again for your input
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 PM

Cool Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

It was a practice song but everyone liked it so much I placed it on my myspace page.It's called "I need U www.myspace.com/gdx69 hope ya'll likes.Made with PT8,xpand, & boom & the mini grand only.

Last edited by gdx; 06-24-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: forgot to mention the mini grand in the song:)