Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 09-11-2021, 11:12 PM

Default Unable to get Audio Sound in Pro Tools First JBL wireless headphones and pro tools

Hello, as you can tell I am very new to pro tools. I have a windows 10 home edition, on an acer Nitro 5 laptop. I am using Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 with Pro Tools First Version 2021 7.0. I am using JBL Quantum 800 head phones which can connect to my laptop with wireless USB dongle AS WELL AS BLUETOOTH. When I load a new track in pro tools and try to adjust my playback engine there is no drop down (the focusrite is selected and greyed out.) I can see that Pro Tools is picking up my mic signal but I cannot monitor or listen. Please help!!
Old 09-11-2021, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Unable to get Audio Sound in Pro Tools First JBL wireless headphones and pro tool

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
PT connects to your focusrite because it defaults to using the connected coreaudio interface, and will only use that. Try to make a signal generator plugin on a insert on a track, and you'll hear it if you plug in headphones on the focusrite.

There is a way to have PT use your bluetooth headphones as the main output, I believe, and it's called 'aggregate device'. Google it, I have no experience w/it.

Anyway, right now your focusrite is the only input and output for PT. That's how PT works.

Edit: I'm sorry, I see your on windows, I think the 'aggregate device' thing is mac. But there are workarounds on the dark side aswell.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Unable to get Audio Sound in Pro Tools First JBL wireless headphones and pro tool

If the Scarlett is your audio interface then Pro Tools sound will ONLY come through the Scarlett.

Your headphones are probably using WDM drivers while the Scarlett is using ASIO. There things don't "talk" to each other. They are separate.

If you want to use your JBL headphones with the Scarlett, you MUST plug the JBL headphones directly into the 1/4" headphone output on the Scarlett.

All of this is explained in this video about the 18i8

https://youtu.be/tT5wLm5-TMk

Go to 9:52 for the part about Windows and DAW audio.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio