Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Why is AVID support so terrible?

Did you buy directly from Avid ? If yes- that's the mistake. PT is a very good music production software/ hardware. Sometimes things break, etc. In 9 cases out of 10 my issues have been resolved HERE on the duc forum ! We all know that Avid direct support sucks. That's how this company is structered on a corporate level. They do not employ enough of technical support people within the company. Digi was the same way... Every one of us- long time users knows it. But that's why we have this forum !! Why don't you post your specs, your issue etc. Chances are that some of us may know the answer to your issue.
Myself for example - I always buy my gear at Sweetwater ( since 1997). If I needed immediate help- they were always there for me. But as I said : duc forum is great in resolving any issue.
More to say- the present features in PT, and necessary fixes are in many instances the result of our posts- which have been read and acknowledged by Avid techs and designers.
Unfortunately the company apparently lost their interest in further improvement of Pro Tools in general. Thats the general feel that lots of us - long time users have. They may be developing a brand new Avid DAW, so if you are new to PT - you may have made a mistake investing in a product that may be discontinued soon.
Many of my friends - sound engineers already switched to other DAW's due to limits within PT protocol and Avid lack of response to our demands for certain essential fixes.
I hope you can resolve your issue positively within our forum. I love PT myself, and although I also use other DAW's it remains my favorite because of work flow.
Chris7514