Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Default unable to resize midi edit window

For a while now, i have had an unusual problem with the midi edit window.

If I double click on a midi region in the PT main edit window, it opens up the midi editor window, which is what I want. However, the window stretches across both of my displays and offers no visible way to resize it. There are no +- buttons, zoom sliders or corner handles. This makes it virtually useless to me. In fact I have to use key commands to toggle back to the main edit or mix window, as the midi editor leaves nothing visible behind it to click on.

Surely I'm missing something here...please enlighten me!

I'm using PT 8.0cs3 (but this problem has always been with me since PT8.
OS 10.5.6

any ideas?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Re: unable to resize midi edit window

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
For a while now, i have had an unusual problem with the midi edit window.

If I double click on a midi region in the PT main edit window, it opens up the midi editor window, which is what I want. However, the window stretches across both of my displays and offers no visible way to resize it. There are no +- buttons, zoom sliders or corner handles. This makes it virtually useless to me. In fact I have to use key commands to toggle back to the main edit or mix window, as the midi editor leaves nothing visible behind it to click on.

Surely I'm missing something here...please enlighten me!

I'm using PT 8.0cs3 (but this problem has always been with me since PT8.
OS 10.5.6

any ideas?
That is unusual. Have you cleansed your prefs/databases? Mine always has resized fine.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyBass View Post
That is unusual. Have you cleansed your prefs/databases? Mine always has resized fine.
Yes, I've trashed everything several times, but it didn't seem to help.

The midi editor window is locked and maximised on the top and left edges but the bottom and right edges are out of range of my display and I can't find any way to gather them. Very weird.

Thanks,

-Z-
Old 07-04-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
The midi editor window is locked and maximised on the top and left edges but the bottom and right edges are out of range of my display and I can't find any way to gather them. Very weird.
Try the command "tile windows".

From the manual:
Quote:
Arranging Windows
Pro Tools provides commands to tile or cascade all open windows. Floating windows (such as plug-in windows) and the Transport window are not affected by these commands.
To arrange windows:
␣ Choose Window > Arrange and select one of the following:
Tile Arranges all open windows in a tiled pattern on the screen.
Tile Horizontal Arranges all open windows in a horizontally tiled pattern on the screen. This op- tion is not available if there are too many win- dows open.
Tile Vertical Arranges all open windows in a ver- tically tiled pattern, side by side, on the screen. This option is not available if there are too many windows open.
Cascade Arranges all open windows in cascad- ing pattern on the screen.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM

STeff,

You are a genius.

So simple.

THANKS!!!