Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 AM

Default Playlist Editing: is there a Key Command/Preference for "Solo Follows Selection"?

Hi guys,

So I'm getting (or at least trying to) more acquainted with the latest playlist comping features (I think I stopped any new discovery back in PT9!) and was wondering if there's a key command or preference (or combination of both) that allows a channels solo state (within the playlist) to follow the selection?

As it stands now I can tab (P / semicolon) my selection up and down between takes but in order to solo the new selection I need to SHIFT+S on each channel to engage solo.

So, yea, just wondering if there's a command/preference that allows the solo to follow the selected channel when tabbing through the takes?

Cheers!

R.

Last edited by old betsey satan; 05-18-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Playlist Editing: is there a Key Command/Preference for "Solo Follows Selection"?

I'd take a look thru the manual. While I don't think there's an option for what you want, there are some key commands for moving from PL to PL, so maybe that could work with a little modification to your current method

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-19-2020, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Playlist Editing: is there a Key Command/Preference for "Solo Follows Selection"?

Cheers Dave!

Yea I looked and looked but definitely couldn't find anything like that.

There must be some reason in the post-pro world that they wouldn't want that behaviour as it seems that 'solo follows selection' (or some such) would be a no-brainer especially when shuffling through playlists.

Knowing my luck it's there in plain sight but called something else and I'm just too blind to see it!

R.