Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2016, 10:47 PM

Default Avid Support Plan - Support costs Extra

I am helping out a friend whose english is not so good. He has Pro Tools support plan that costs extra for support for the problem that he has.
Avid Support informed him that must purchase an ASC code. It is really hard pill to swallow for folks that have purchase one on your support plans.
It's really NOT fair.
So buying an Avid Support Plan really is useless.
Stories like these really put people off from buy Pro Tools.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Avid Support Plan - Support costs Extra

Does he have a support plan or a upgrade plan?

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 01-26-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinthecity View Post
I am helping out a friend whose english is not so good. He has Pro Tools support plan that costs extra for support for the problem that he has.
Avid Support informed him that must purchase an ASC code. It is really hard pill to swallow for folks that have purchase one on your support plans.
It's really NOT fair.
So buying an Avid Support Plan really is useless.
Stories like these really put people off from buy Pro Tools.
All my experience with the Support was flawless, they try hard to help the best they can. I have support plan active.

As JoelG asked, do you have support plan or upgrade plan, or another question, how much did you pay for the upgrade (from what version it was made the upgrade)?

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 01-26-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:10 PM

$199.00 support & upgrade plan... Support started September 2015.
I think the real problem is Avid support is contracted out to 3rd party company and it's clear indication that Avid is not providing the proper support.
pleas read my original post I have been using using pro tools since 1992 - and I feel confident that I know the difference between a support and upgrade plan
Old 01-27-2016, 05:32 AM

I read your original post just fine, thanks; but there has been plenty of confusion with the upgrade and support plans and wanted to make sure what was purchased. He should have access to one support call per month for free under the support plan.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...censing-FAQ#11
"Q: How does support in the new Pro Tools offerings differ from previous support included with Pro Tools?
A: Before, Pro Tools included a limited amount of support cases within the first 60 days of owning your product and you would have to purchase feature updates. If you needed additional help, you had to either purchase a support plan or an Avid Support Code (ASC) to get per-incident help for a fee. Our new offerings provide software updates, unlimited web support and either one support phone call per month for Pro Tools or unlimited calls for Pro Tools | HD, for the duration of your plan. For more information, visit the Pro Tools Licensing webpage."

Had he already used his phone support for the month? Post back and I can forward this on to Jeffro to dig into this.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 01-27-2016, 01:36 PM

Thanks for providing your friend's info. I reviewed his case and the issue is that he lost his iLok. A lost (or stolen) iLok is not covered under warranty/plan, and the tech that handled the case correctly followed the process for lost iLoks. I'll follow up on the support case to help get this resolved.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:47 PM

It was way more easy to help you if you started the thread saying that your friend lost his iLok with the license inside.

Nice one Jeffro as always flawless help.

Cheers,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro