Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Re: edit/mix window follows bank selection Eucon/PT9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
No, it has not - if you're on the Euphonix email list you'll get a notice as soon as an update is available.
Oh, I thought this would be a Pro Tools update, not EuCon. I actually had the same problem with PT8 and Control24. Last time I remember mix/edit windows follows bank selection working was 7.4 with Command8.
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM

please please please fix this.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:12 AM

I just added a tip about this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here too. There isn't a preference to select it to behave that way automatically, but if you hold "Control" (either with the "Control" modifier on the softkeys of your Artist Control or your keyboard) and select your track from the surface, the Mix window will bank that track into view on the screen. Not ideal as you need 2 hands to do it, but it works and you don't have to scroll around with your mouse.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by milaszewski View Post
Oh, I thought this would be a Pro Tools update, not EuCon. I actually had the same problem with PT8 and Control24. Last time I remember mix/edit windows follows bank selection working was 7.4 with Command8.
You're right - my fingers and brain weren't on the same page!

So, if you're on the Pro Tools email list you'll get a notice when an update is available - it's will be in the release notes.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworkman View Post
I just added a tip about this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here too. There isn't a preference to select it to behave that way automatically, but if you hold "Control" (either with the "Control" modifier on the softkeys of your Artist Control or your keyboard) and select your track from the surface, the Mix window will bank that track into view on the screen. Not ideal as you need 2 hands to do it, but it works and you don't have to scroll around with your mouse.
You can also program a soft key to emulate the mix/edit view selection.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM

Hi, good to know we can use the soft keys for that. Could you give a brief explanation of how to program that? Would be nice

Kind regards

Mark
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
Hi, good to know we can use the soft keys for that. Could you give a brief explanation of how to program that? Would be nice

Kind regards

Mark
Launch EuCon Settings and go to the Soft Keys tab, make sure either 'Surface' or 'Touchscreen' is selected (depending on which key you want to assign it to - either a button below the touchscreen or a soft key on the touchscreen itself) in the 'Section' drop-down on the left. You should see your first page of Soft Keys assigments in Pro Tools. If you don't, make sure Pro Tools is launched and that it was the last app that was in focus before switching to EuCon Settings (just toggle between them if needed). Once you see the Soft Keys, select the soft key you want to assign, then click on the 'Command...' button to open the Soft Key command editor.

In the 'command' list on the left, select 'key' from the 'Add..' drop down. If the soft key already has a command either delete it first or, if it's already a 'key' command we'll just reassign it. Once you have 'Key' selected under 'Type', in the right panel press the Win/Cmd button to enable it (no other button should be enabled), then type an '=' sign into the white bar below it. This will emulate the Cmd+= shortcut to switch between Edit/Mix. Close that window and the EuCon Settings window, then switch back to Pro Tools and save your session.

You should now be able to touch that soft key to toggle between Edit/Mix windows.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Thanks, I hoped it could cure the bank switch problem as well. My fault, I should improve my reading.

Kind regards

Mark
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 AM

Its all about the bank selection as per original post.
Toggle between Edit/Mix is fine and great for those with MC Control to assign soft key.
But the mix window follows bank selection not working is still a major pain. I just got an email from Euphonix side of things saying its still a protools problem. The option is there in the preference panel but does nothing.

It works when using the 2 MC mix's with HUI in PT9 (EUCON 2.5.4). I'm just bummed that they got rid of Eucon HUI for PT9 from 2.5.5 because 2.5.4 is buggy and crashes when you grab a few faders at once. But its better than needing to grab the mouse to scroll every time you bank a page.
Just hanging for them to fix this.

On a side note...
I noticed with multiple MC Mix's (lets say 3=24 faders) when using hui, you only need to bank once to go to the next layer ie. channels 1-24 to 25-48. when using eucon you need to bank 3 times to get there. Most digital mixers or control surfaces I've used banks by the number of faders you have.
It would be great to have this as an option in Eucon. Eg, bank by 8 or bank by number of units. this would be cool.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworkman View Post
Hi dworkman,
Good tip but yeah, you're right about the 2 handed operation being not ideal. There is a preference to select in protools. 2 actually if memory serves me labeled "Edit window follows bank selection" and Mix window follows bank selection". Its a bug but unfortunately has not been fixed in the last 3 protools updates.