Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Avid please help pthd11 & heat

"Try to call/email the person that sold you the HEAT license and manage him to transfer the license to your account. Is the best solution you can have right now.

Why did the seller didn't transfer the license to your ilok account?

I only see two reasons, was a stolen iLok or the ilok account is not from him (its still stolen)

HEAT can be freely transfers from ilok account to another. You just have the Paypal fees $25."

I DID - THE GUY WILL TRANSFER THE ILOK LICENSE TO MY ILOK2

"Don't blame Avid on this"

I DO BLAME AVID - FROM WHERE IM STANDING - BUYING AN OLD ILOK FROM SOME GUY THAT GAVE UP PROTOOLS 3 YEARS AGO IS COMPLETELY LEGAL NO MATTER WHAT IS WRITEN IN THE EULA SHMULA.....HEAT IS A PLUG IN AND AS LONG AS YOUR NOT USING CRAKED VERSIONS I DONT CARE MUCH WEHRE DID I BUY IT FROM.......I SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON THIS UPGRADE TO REACH THIS POINT AND SEE THAT SOMETHING AS CRUCIAL TO ME AS HEAT IS ABSENT DUE TO TECHNICAL CHANGES.....MY ILOK HEAT IS LEGIT - AND AS AN HONEST CLIENT I DESERVE TO BE NOTIFIED OF SUCH CHANGES WHEN I AM ASKED TO PAY MONEY FOR AN UPGRADE(PTHD11)....THE GUYS AT AVID WHERE NOT AWARE OF THAT ISSUE UNTIL I STARTED CRYING.....SO I AM VERY SOORY - IT IS THIER MISTAKE THEREFORE THEY HOLD THE BLAME......AND FOR THE ADVOCATE GUY WHO RESPONDED WITH THE EULA THING AS IF HE IS IN COURT....CHILLL - WE ARE ALL MUSICIANS HERE......THESE ANSWERS ARE TOTALLY INADEQUATE
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 AM

Hey mate go drink some beers to calm down. It's just software not he end of the world.

Nice that you solve it.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-04-2013, 02:23 AM

It is not the end of the world.....yet every time i use this duc (and happily i do not use it often...)i find my self struggling with answers i am given by people that probably don't know how to read or chosse not to read the thread beginnings.....why on earth would i write about a stolen ilok , why would people think that my problem is caused by the fact that eithr: I dont havean hdx card.......(it is written in my signature)or an hd11 license....orilok 2 or heat license........why do people here are so arrogant.....as it seems that this forum is driven by ego.... I am probably better off not using ut anymore.....have a good life.
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:27 AM

Sorry if I offend you it was not my intention. I was just being "cool" and helpful.

As I said before sorry for anything .

Regards,

Ps: I still think that you need to relax. It's not good your health.

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Admin Emeritus

I want to thank ilulilu888 for bringing this to our attention. As you can probably tell, none of the Avid folks participating in this thread were previously aware of the iLok 2 requirement for HEAT when used with Pro Tools HD 11. That's why we started by trying to eliminate possible reasons for the problem (do you have an HDX card installed, are you following the instructions for enabling HEAT correctly, etc.). All of which were to try and figure out why this was not working, to rule out the easy questions first.

Once we got to the possibility that the iLok 1 might be the issue, we went to Engineering, and along with Product Management determined that the changes in the Pro Tools 11 app as a "container" for many previously separate components, we were able to figure out why HEAT was not working for ilulilu888.

Now that the folks that can get that info on the website are all in the loop, we will make sure that is on the relevant product pages and the Knowledge Base. Again, thanks to ilulilu888 for shining a light on this issue. It might not be an issue for most users, but this may very well help someone else.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I want to thank ilulilu888 for bringing this to our attention. As you can probably tell, none of the Avid folks participating in this thread were previously aware of the iLok 2 requirement for HEAT when used with Pro Tools HD 11. That's why we started by trying to eliminate possible reasons for the problem (do you have an HDX card installed, are you following the instructions for enabling HEAT correctly, etc.). All of which were to try and figure out why this was not working, to rule out the easy questions first.

Once we got to the possibility that the iLok 1 might be the issue, we went to Engineering, and along with Product Management determined that the changes in the Pro Tools 11 app as a "container" for many previously separate components, we were able to figure out why HEAT was not working for ilulilu888.

Now that the folks that can get that info on the website are all in the loop, we will make sure that is on the relevant product pages and the Knowledge Base. Again, thanks to ilulilu888 for shining a light on this issue. It might not be an issue for most users, but this may very well help someone else.
It seems that machine control license as the same "problem"!

I've test it and to work I had to transfer the license to the ilok where the 11HD license was to make it work.

Regards,

Old 09-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
It seems that machine control license as the same "problem"!

I've test it and to work I had to transfer the license to the ilok where the 11HD license was to make it work.
Thanks Marco,
Was the Machine Control license previously on an iLok 1 or an iLok 2?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Thanks Marco,
Was the Machine Control license previously on an iLok 1 or an iLok 2?
The machine control was on iLokv1 with 10HD (full) license, the iLokv2 was with the demo of 11HD for test purposes. To see if our workflow change or gain benefits with 11HD.

Then I transfer the Machine Control license to the iLokv2 and the machine control settings worked with no problems.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:10 AM

HI, I EVERYBODY, I have a question about HEAT, i have the latest version of protools 11 hd (11.1.2)with hdx, in a mac pro 4.1, and for some reason since i installed this version, HEAT acts very weird, some times i get distortion like the drive knob is 100% and it doesn't show it like that, and, also when i open protools the window at the right that is designated for HEAT, is blank, i have to close it and opened, and some other issues, like byp doesn't work, and a few others. Have somebody has the same system as me with no issues?