Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-21-2024, 12:04 AM

Default Waves randomly making Pro Tools hanging

I've got this strange behaviour on a mac pro 2019, loaded with 48 GB of ram, Ventura 13,6,7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo x8p latest Waves

Sometimes, and completely random, initializing, moving, activating and deactivating a track that includes a Waves plugin makes Pro Tools hangs, and there's no way to make it works, apart from force quit.
Also I have to restart the computer and it doesn't shut properly: hard reset is needed.

What I noticed in Activity Monitor is that when this happens there is Diskarbitrationd at 100%.

When Pro Tools restarts it says that a Waveshell caused the crash, and asks if I want to move it to unused plugins.

Did somebody experienced the same thing?
thanks

cheers

Raffaele

PT HDX + 4 AVID I/O
PT HDN + OMNI
Pro Tools 12

Last edited by RaffaeleStefani; 06-21-2024 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Waves randomly making Pro Tools hanging

Same thing happens to me multiple times every single day. Waves support has been zero help. They only suggested uninstalling and reinstalling. I told them I just did a completely fresh install of my OS and all plugins and it still happens. They stopped responding. I just try to make sure I stop playback and save before I insert or move anything waves. Sometimes I have to reboot before pro tools will launch afterwards. It’s been very frustrating!!
Old 06-21-2024, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeatless View Post
Same thing happens to me multiple times every single day. Waves support has been zero help. They only suggested uninstalling and reinstalling. I told them I just did a completely fresh install of my OS and all plugins and it still happens. They stopped responding. I just try to make sure I stop playback and save before I insert or move anything waves. Sometimes I have to reboot before pro tools will launch afterwards. It’s been very frustrating!!
hey thebeatless do you have a Mac pro 2019 too?
thanks
Raffaele

PT HDX + 4 AVID I/O
PT HDN + OMNI
Pro Tools 12
Old 06-21-2024, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffaeleStefani View Post
hey thebeatless do you have a Mac pro 2019 too?
thanks
Raffaele
No, M2 Max.