Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-24-2006, 04:08 PM

Default MIDI Time Stamping and Sysex file dumps

I am running into a challenge here and wonder if any of you out there have some suggestion. I did also post this in the MIDI area of the forums.

Basically, I am trying to upgrade the operating system on a Minimoog Voyager via a Sysex file dump. I have chosen to not use ProTools, and rather to use Sysex Librarian as it seems simpler for this purpose. I am still using the Digi002R as the MIDI interface. There are no other devices on the system. I am using Mac OS 10.3.9.

I am able to get the Voyager to communicate with the computer, and have successfully backed up the files (from the Voyager to the computer). The Voyager recieves the sysex information when I try to send it, however the transfer ultimately fails due to a "Checksum ROM Error." As far as I can tell, by talking to Moog and searching their user forums, this problem is secondary to the MIDI Time Stamping that occurs, which adds extra information to the transfered file and is confusing things.

Is there anyway to turn off or otherwise the MIDI Time Stamping? Any other suggestion on how I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance,
DrDan