Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Can\'t open Pro tools session

I did some recording in the U.K. on an HD system. We had it backed up to a hard drive so we could take it home with us.

Now I'm trying to open them here (Canada) on an Mbox but all the session file Icons are white document icons or a "Unix Executable File". If I double click I get "There is no default application specified.....". I've tried manualy changing the extensions to .pts and this does change back to the standard pro tools Icon but I still can't open. Now I get a differant error "Could not complete your request because Logical end-of-file reached (-39) while reading". I searched the answerbase and the DUC for thses errors but haven't returned anything that relates to my problem.

I've tried this on 2 differant systems, one running 6.7 on OS 10.3.x one running 6.9.2 on tiger and I can't open on either.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: Can\'t open Pro tools session

Was the HD system possibly a Windows based system? How was the hard drive formatted?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Can\'t open Pro tools session

sounds like a hard drive that formatted as MS-DOS (comes from the factory like that) this strips out the resource fork. i had this happen once and had to wipe the drive and get the info again from the client. luckily they still had it.
drew

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.