Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-10-2024, 11:36 AM

Default Question Regarding NI Bundle of Sampled Instruments

Hello All,

I'm considering picking up a bundle of NI stuff...they have 50% off their various Kontakt bundles right now, and the "Standard" bundle has my interest.

Before I spend the money, though, I'm trying to determine if the sampled instruments (Session Guitarist, Session Bassist, Session Horns, et al) can be used like any other VI in the sense of using a MIDI editor to create stuff.

All of the videos I've seen (both from NI and Youtuber's) show the folks using a MIDI controller to create chords/melodies/etc. I'm not really talented enough to 'create' in that sense...I prefer to just use a MIDI editor to go in and program my stuff.

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with any of those sampled instruments and can confirm that you can just use an editor? Thanks in advance for any info!

Shaun
Old 06-10-2024, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Question Regarding NI Bundle of Sampled Instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunKetterman View Post
Hello All,

I'm considering picking up a bundle of NI stuff...they have 50% off their various Kontakt bundles right now, and the "Standard" bundle has my interest.

Before I spend the money, though, I'm trying to determine if the sampled instruments (Session Guitarist, Session Bassist, Session Horns, et al) can be used like any other VI in the sense of using a MIDI editor to create stuff.

All of the videos I've seen (both from NI and Youtuber's) show the folks using a MIDI controller to create chords/melodies/etc. I'm not really talented enough to 'create' in that sense...I prefer to just use a MIDI editor to go in and program my stuff.

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with any of those sampled instruments and can confirm that you can just use an editor? Thanks in advance for any info!

Shaun
I'm on the Kontakt V6 Player.
I have no keyboard skills.
I have used the PT MIDI editor to program Sessions Horns Pro.
Old 06-15-2024, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Question Regarding NI Bundle of Sampled Instruments

Bob,

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Shaun