How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2022, 09:06 AM

Default "Some Melodyne track data can't be found." Error

Hi all,

Did some ARA2 editing using Melodyne yesterday and in general I really like the integration.

However today opening the same session I've got the following error:

------
Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may not playback correctly.
Track "LVox 1"
------

I haven't dived into the session to find out exactly what "may not playback correctly", but any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Running latest version of Pro Tools, latest version of Melodyne Assistant on macOS 10.15.7.

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:44 AM

Default Re: "Some Melodyne track data can't be found." Error

This happened to me and I think I have an idea why I got it.

When I got this message, it didn't seem that I had lost any Melodyne Edits, but I had a session where it had mistakenly detected the track as polyphonic. I had put it down in a playlist and then as I moved up the clips to the main playlist, I realized it was wrong and had it re-analyze it to the right algorithm. When I looked at the bars on the clip in the playlist, they still displayed as if they were still detected in polyphonic, but when I put the clip on the main playlist, it would be in the correct mode.

So I'm wondering if the missing "Melodyne Data" it was saying had something to do with the old Polyphonic detection it was still thinking it needed from the playlist, but actually wasn't needed or used in my session.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 09-30-2022, 10:18 AM

That sounds like it could be very similar to my issue too, both the playlist and polyphonic algorithm side of things.

I've delved around and can't find anything missing. I did find the "compare" button in the Melodyne editor though which is quite useful for toggling seeing and hearing the track before and after tuning!

I think I've got my head around it all now and am absolutely loving it! I've been throwing all sorts of nasty edits and multiple clips with fades, clip gain etc. and it seems pretty solid.

Only thing that I would like to see is the waveform in Pro Tools update when doing timing adjustments. Perhaps wishful thinking there!
Old 09-30-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfeathers View Post

Only thing that I would like to see is the waveform in Pro Tools update when doing timing adjustments. Perhaps wishful thinking there!
I have also tried lots of difficult edits, etc and I was hoping the waveform would adjust on timing issues too. But you're right, it doesn't. But yeah, things have been quite solid for a new feature like this.

I do LOVE that if you change tempo, Melodyne will stretch with the tempo changes.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Old 09-30-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I do LOVE that if you change tempo, Melodyne will stretch with the tempo changes.
Interesting. Can this be defeated, perhaps by setting the track to Samples vs Ticks, or via another setting somewhere? I can see where there might be a reason to not want Melodyne to automatically adjust an audio track's tempo when adjusting the session tempo.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Interesting. Can this be defeated, perhaps by setting the track to Samples vs Ticks, or via another setting somewhere? I can see where there might be a reason to not want Melodyne to automatically adjust an audio track's tempo when adjusting the session tempo.
Yes. It follows the same characteristics as Elastic Audio. If the track is tick based, it follows tempo changes. If it is Sample Based, it doesn't change.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4