Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 09-30-2022, 08:11 AM

Default Re: 2022.9- Moving Clip FX window back to top

+1 for being able to move it.
Also it would be nice if we could center it horizontally. I use a 49 inch ultrawide monitor, and having clip effects sitting to the far left is not ideal.

Just let us put it where we need it, thanks!
Old 09-30-2022, 09:20 AM

Yup, I use a 34 UW, and bottom left, ain't it
Old 10-01-2022, 10:02 PM

If they are going to do this docking stuff, they should have a dock tab that holds multiple audio suite plugins in it.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
If they are going to do this docking stuff, they should have a dock tab that holds multiple audio suite plugins in it.
You know, the more I think about it, I don’t think one single docking window isn’t necessarily the best way forward here. An tabbed instance of C1 is going to look very silly next to the Melodyne tab. I think we need all of these things in their own windows - basically just make Melodyne and Clip FX appear like any other plugin. Of course you could keep it in the docked tab as now, but the simple ability to drag each tab out and put it where you want it much better.

A super-slick alternative would be to then offer dragging one window onto the header of another, and then those two go to tabs in their own window, so you could group by approximate size.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-02-2022, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
You know, the more I think about it, I don’t think one single docking window isn’t necessarily the best way forward here. An tabbed instance of C1 is going to look very silly next to the Melodyne tab. I think we need all of these things in their own windows - basically just make Melodyne and Clip FX appear like any other plugin. Of course you could keep it in the docked tab as now, but the simple ability to drag each tab out and put it where you want it much better.

A super-slick alternative would be to then offer dragging one window onto the header of another, and then those two go to tabs in their own window, so you could group by approximate size.

Nah. Most people here are probably just caught off guard by a bunch of features that are new to them. Clip FX and the idea of something being docked in the edit window has been part of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate since 2014(?). A lot of users are very use to it, and it works fantastically. Option + 6 toggles it in and out of view, and it is really quick to use. Stick it in the same spot, learn to use it and the bio-mechanics take over.

Being able to dock a variety of audiosuite plugins in a single dock panel will be hugely beneficial to the those users who use audiosuite stuff the most. Dialogue editors for example. How many knobs and buttons are on RX plugins again? They are mostly empty space. Having them docked and shown/hidden by a keyboard shortcut is a million times better than the current implementation.

Honestly, I would rather f$&k melodyne off from the dock entirely. Hide it in a menu somewhere with a keyboard shortcut, and let users who want to use it buy a third monitor to host it. It is just a different level of fiddly to use. It RX made its way to ARA2, I would much prefer to be spectral editing on an additional monitor than working in any kind of dock.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 10-02-2022 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Nah. Most people here are probably just caught off guard by a bunch of features that are new to them. Clip FX and the idea of something being docked in the edit window has been part of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate since 2014(?). A lot of users are very use to it, and it works fantastically. Option + 6 toggles it in and out of view, and it is really quick to use. Stick it in the same spot, learn to use it and the bio-mechanics take over.

Being able to dock a variety of audiosuite plugins in a single dock panel will be hugely beneficial to the those users who use audiosuite stuff the most. Dialogue editors for example. How many knobs and buttons are on RX plugins again? They are mostly empty space. Having them docked and shown/hidden by a keyboard shortcut is a million times better than the current implementation.

Honestly, I would rather f$&k melodyne off from the dock entirely. Hide it in a menu somewhere with a keyboard shortcut, and let users who want to use it buy a third monitor to host it. It is just a different level of fiddly to use. It RX made its way to ARA2, I would much prefer to be spectral editing on an additional monitor than working in any kind of dock.
I’m not sure you read my post right. I seem to be arguing for the same thing you are! The difference is that I think it would be too limiting to have everything under a single docked window, although there would be nothing to stop people working like that if they want. I think making all windows potentially tabbable gives maximum flexibility - people can work just as they are now or in a totally different way.

BTW not everyone adjusted to Clip FX being docked at the top. I’ve never used it for that precise reason - it’s a hideous waste of prime real estate.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-02-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Clip FX and the idea of something being docked in the edit window has been part of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate since 2014(?). A lot of users are very use to it, and it works fantastically. Option + 6 toggles it in and out of view, and it is really quick to use. Stick it in the same spot, learn to use it and the bio-mechanics take over.
Yes. This is the main reason I have not updated yet. I like my Clip FX at the top. Silly but it's what I'm used to. Fairlight had it there too.

I'd be all for docking plugins. And for the 10th time the color palette.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:13 AM

+1 on removing or moving Clip Effects window back to where it was originally.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
+1 on removing or moving Clip Effects window back to where it was originally.
They can't have it where it was AND Melodyne at the bottom. It would only leave three pixels for the timeline.

That's the root problem. We need an alternative that doesn't take up space on the main timeline at all, at least as an option for those with multiple monitors. I think it's called a window.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-03-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
They can't have it where it was AND Melodyne at the bottom. It would only leave three pixels for the timeline.

That's the root problem. We need an alternative that doesn't take up space on the main timeline at all, at least as an option for those with multiple monitors. I think it's called a window.
I didn't say Melodyne.

It's an easy solution for me, make it fully able to disappear like before. Then top or bottom does nae matter.