Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Re: How to install PT9 and MPTK 2 from PT8 LE?

If you are on a Mac and want to install the individual apps then you can right click on the installer and say, "show contents" and then go to, I think... This is all from memory... The packages folder. All of the separate installers were in there. Just install the ones you want. You may need to download the updates from Avid or they may not display right on the screen.

Mike
Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarrington View Post
Wondering the same thing. If I can't use The Plug-ins from the Music Production Toolkit 2, then PT 9 is not worth the upgrade right now. That is a lot of cash down the tubes if it does not work with PT 9. Also, is there a list of included plug-ins for PT 9? Is it just the same as PT 8? Thanks!
I would believe the plugs would all work with PT9. You might have to d'l the installers and reinstall them. And essentially the plugs is all the MPTK is worth with pt9. I do believe all the other features are now standard.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Correct. There's no need to install the basic functionality of MPtoolkit as the features are now standard.

All of the other plugins will work in PT9, and you can install them separately without installing the MPtoolkit.

Also, don't bother installing the MP3 option as it is also now built in to PT9.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut View Post
There is no MPTK installer for PT9... there is only one install: "Pro Tools 9"

The CPTK iLok asset will unlock the additional features.

Install your plugins separately... you should find installers on the Avid website

Rail
Hi, I'm having the same issue. I did a clean install of PT9 with CPTK2 (uninstalled PT8 LE and renamed Digidesign dir) - hope that's adequate). note: I originally had PT8 LE with MPTK2 and DVTK2.

Now I have no structure (free or LE) and no Eleven (free or LE) [I had a separate license for hybrid which is why I have that).

You mentioned that I can download the individual plugins from Avid website. in the "Your Account" I only see downloads for the MPTK2 bundle, not the individual plugs. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hollaback
Old 11-09-2010, 08:15 AM

Structure LE and Full were never available on the general site to download. However, since you previously bought those toolkits, all of it should be available to download from your Avid/Digi account. Or from your installer discs if you bought the boxed versions.

For Eleven LE, you could also get it from this page:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Eleven

Soundreplacer, Smack, DINR, etc. should also be available individually on the site.

But you should be able to get those installers from your account, which is the easiest way.

Your Ilok licenses for these would not be affected by the upgrade.