How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-08-2022, 05:06 AM

Default Multiple active PT licenses in "locked group" on ILOK

Hello !

I am a bit lost.

I do own both PT Studio (former Native, LE ?) and Ultimate (former HD) licenses.

Both are valid and i have been paying for those for years.

It appears that both licenses are a "locked group" on my Ilok since the latest rename / "facelift".

I want to move the PT Studio license to another Ilok for work on the go while the PT Ultimate license works in the studio.

What to do ?

Thanks for your help.

Matthias
Old 09-08-2022, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Multiple active PT licenses in "locked group" on ILOK

You likely need help from Avid support here and might get faster response by just filing a support case. especialy if your DUC and Avid.com accounts use different email addresses and are not linked. if you file a support case come back and post the case number here. https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

Meanwhile... all Ultimate licenses include a locked group with what used to be Pro Tools (standard) and is now Pro Tools Studio. So you should see one of those for your Ultimate license. Is your separate Studio license in your iLok account but not moved to the actual iLok? Maybe it was activated to cloud or never activated? Or activated already to a different physical iLok, look around carefully with ILM.

Does your Avid.com My Products info show an Ultimate and a separate Studio license? To what iLok accounts? It is surprisingly easy to have say set a license to the wrong iLok account. Also look in your Avid.com account or purchae email receipts to make sure you did not accidentally surrender a perpetual license in the past for a discount subscription that has now expired. That caught a few users over the last few years.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Multiple active PT licenses in "locked group" on ILOK

Thank you Darryl, have been able to fix this thanks to your help !