Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2022, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Chris Given this is the PT 2021 thread I am not sure if I should pose the question here or in the Carbon thread ( as I suspect it is a Carbon firmware issue related to PT 2021 ) But some months back I reported (and had some back and forth exchange with your Tech department) About the Carbon loosing it's Hardware settings when opening a session with a different sample rate than what PT was originally launched with
Yes, I would like to know what's going on with this bug with PTools/ Carbon rig.For that very reason I'm holding on PT 2021.7 .....it's a long wait now.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO View Post
Yes, I would like to know what's going on with this bug with PTools/ Carbon rig.For that very reason I'm holding on PT 2021.7 .....it's a long wait now.
Ya it's a hassle but not major for me, as I am doing music video's almost exclusively,, so staying put @ 24-48k
I would just appreciate some communication on it still being in the que to fix ..

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-26-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Ya it's a hassle but not major for me, as I am doing music video's almost exclusively,, so staying put @ 24-48k
I would just appreciate some communication on it still being in the que to fix ..
Yes it's not a hassle, I would just be able to enjoy the preamps etc memorised in PT session.Doing different musical projects some at 24/48 and some at 24/96 I don't want to loose time with set-ups. Hope it will be solved in next release.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:50 AM

It seems that this thread has brought up several issues, all of which are valid concerns. I think it may be useful for the forum if each issue got its own thread rather than tacked on to this one with a not so descriptive title. The OP started this thread with a concern about the time since the previous update and let's keep that as the focus here. Starting new threads for different concerns with clear titles will make future searches for others easier.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1

Last edited by Obsidian Dragon; 04-26-2022 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:48 PM

Avid April fools was April 1st not 26th

We just sent back our Apple Studio and cancelling the order on the other 4 there is no appreciable difference from our 2013 Mac Pro's and they do not perform as well our Intel Map Pro 2019's
No Silicon support - these machines have been out for almost 2 years !!!
what a joke ...
Old 04-27-2022, 05:52 AM
Avid

Hi everyone,

There have been a number of requests - public replies here and private PMs - to close this thread. Would you all mind if we closed this thread, and allowed any outstanding/unresolved issues to be made into new individual threads?

This would allow me, Jeffro, Topé, MarkDavid, Charles, and others on the Support team to respond much more efficiently.

It would also give some of the legit issues a better spotlight, and not let them drown in a reddit-style sink hole.

Sound OK?
Old 04-27-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBové View Post
Hi everyone,

There have been a number of requests - public replies here and private PMs - to close this thread. Would you all mind if we closed this thread, and allowed any outstanding/unresolved issues to be made into new individual threads?

This would allow me, Jeffro, Topé, MarkDavid, Charles, and others on the Support team to respond much more efficiently.

It would also give some of the legit issues a better spotlight, and not let them drown in a reddit-style sink hole.

Sound OK?
I don't know, a lot of us are pretty frustrated with the current state of Pro Tools and Apple compatibility. Let us have a place to vent. These are valid concerns that we have, and shutting it down isn't going to prevent it from popping up in another thread.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Sound OK?
Sounds good to me Given the release notes for 2022.4 do not really specify if the issue in my post has actually been addressed... It only mentions "loosing connection" which may or may not be what I was. talking about. I guess I will have to down load and install to find out and will then start a new thread ...here is hoping

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Avid

Hmmm... Both valid points...

Let's do this -- let's leave it open for now, but simply have everyone understand the following:

1) If they have immediate concerns that need attention today or this week in order for people to get their work done, they should create a new thread. That will get our attention, and we can even help create a quick Support Case.

2) If they have a "big picture" concern that is important for Avid to consider for the near future, but isn't necessarily blocking them from getting any work done immediately, then they can choose to post either here or in a new thread.

3) I'm truly all for allowing people to vent. So, have at it. Heh... You should see some of the $#^! I've vented over the years. As long as it never gets personal or hurtful. There have been a few people we've banned for legit reasons, and there are a few posts in this thread that are borderline.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Hmmm... Both valid points...

Let's do this -- let's leave it open for now, but simply have everyone understand the following:

1) If they have immediate concerns that need attention today or this week in order for people to get their work done, they should create a new thread. That will get our attention, and we can even help create a quick Support Case.

2) If they have a "big picture" concern that is important for Avid to consider for the near future, but isn't necessarily blocking them from getting any work done immediately, then they can choose to post either here or in a new thread.

3) I'm truly all for allowing people to vent. So, have at it. Heh... You should see some of the $#^! I've vented over the years. As long as it never gets personal or hurtful. There have been a few people we've banned for legit reasons, and there are a few posts in this thread that are borderline.

I know someone who got banned for being a frustrated user and voicing that (for legit reasons, to use your phrasing ). So I'm not too sure you appreciate venting. Of course things get heated when people are getting fed up.

Do you recall the random fullscale noise blasts PT at one point was throwing at people? You can't fault people for screaming back at Avid for something like that (well, you can and you did - by banning them.)