Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2015, 01:23 AM

Default Realitone introduce new interesting Drum VI

Realitone have released a new Drum VI which now offers some of those really ace functions of Logic Drummer.
Means some of this unique kinda stuff will be available to users of other DAWs than Logic as well via RealiDrums.

Well, the GUI may look a bit simple and kinda old fashioned but itīs all about simplicity, intiution and a simple
and fast workflow and Realitone definitely have accomplished this goal finally.

In the demo video there is pretty much reverb on the drums but the user can adjust this by taste, even take away
any reverb, use it dry.
They implemented so called Complexity controllers for each instrument separately which enables the user to add
more or less complex patterns to each single drum instrument separately continously in real time. This is pretty cool
and one of the ace features in Logic Drummer for example.

Itīs a Kontakt Instrument, can be used with the basic Kontakt Player (which will be included in the purchase) or
with the full Kontakt 5 application. RealiDrums is very new and Mike from Realitone has confirmed on Facebook that
there are many additional functions and features up to come by further updates (like more Hihat articulations, velocity
sliders as well, Multiple outs etc.).

Basically there is a large library of instruments and sounds, basic grooves (only about 23 basic ones which however
are enormously variable by all the different Complexity controllers) and 50-60 fills.
Mike also has confirmed to add even more different grooves and fills by the time.

Imo this will be a very nice Drum tool for composers, songwriters and small production applications as it can do much
more for the user it may seem at the very first sight. It brings some cool functions to other DAWs as well which where
available to Mac/Logic users only until today. RealiDrums provide a very intuitive and musical way to use artificial drums.

For Mac+PC, VST, AU, AAX, RTAS, will work in every DAW which will allow the user to run the Kontakt app in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX11EHAQXCs
http://realitone.com/realidrums/
https://www.facebook.com/Realitone

Worth checking out for sure!
Old 08-27-2016, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Realitone introduce new interesting Drum VI

Realitone have revised and updated their nice drum VI.
For Pro Tools users who want to build virtual drum tracks by a quick and musical way yet getting a good sound quality
RealiDrums is a really nice instrument.

It gives you flexibility and options which only the Logic Drummer or the Steinberg Groove Agent will offer. Therefor for
Pro Tools users RealiDrums is a very interesting Drum VI. Particularly for songwriters and composers.

Itīs GUI may look simple and a bit old fashioned yet it can do a lot for the user in a very musical, creative way and it
for sure offers the user current sound quality of the drums, tons of different instruments as well as highly intelligent,
current algorithms.

Worth checking out imo.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:01 AM

Realitone Drums still on super sale for €79.-/$98.-/Ģ69.-... 8 days left.

Particularly for musicians and composers who are using Pro Tools and not Logic or Cubase this is a really nice little, very well sounding
virtual drum app.

The GUI might be a little old fashioned and might look a bit simple but that's exactly what Realitone wanted to offer their customers.

Really nice sounding, professionally useable virtual (natural) drums with a completely intuitive, simple, very non-technical, even playful
approach which will never kill your inspiration by too many tech tasks and too much of tech vibes.

Nevertheless the app can do all the really current high tech stuff like the Logic drummer and many other sophisticated programs can do.

It definitely is worth looking into it if one is working with Pro Tools, Reaper or any other DAWs which do not offer this new kind of virtual
drums like Logic or Cubase and he doesn't want to go the classical way to program and edit virtual drums.

I have worked with most of the virtual drum apps out there from BFD, EZ, Superior, XLN, Logic Drummer, Cubase Groove Agent, Avid Strike,
to Samplers from EXS24 to Kontakt based stuff etc. and I still like this really musical, playful approach by Realitone. Itīs a cool little powerful,
very good, realistically sounding drum app which is a lot of fun to work with.

Again, particularly for musicians, composers, songwriters, commercial producers this is a great option which never will kill your musical flow
but rather support and develop it by working with it.

To everyone who might be interested, check out the links.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-realidrums-realitone/

You Tube:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ealitone+Drums

Review:
http://musicnation.co.nz/realitone-realidrums/

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:56 AM

Don't know where you're getting your price but the price on the page you link to in their March sale is $199.95 US; not sure what the exchange rate would take that to.

The functionality, while a completely different gui reminds me a lot of the original BFD workings. I've never had much luck with drum vi's inside Kontakt but this looks like they have that licked.

QAPLA!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Don't know where you're getting your price but the price on the page you link to in their March sale is $199.95 US; not sure what the exchange rate would take that to.

The functionality, while a completely different gui reminds me a lot of the original BFD workings. I've never had much luck with drum vi's inside Kontakt but this looks like they have that licked.
Jack,

thank you. From these guys you could get it for about $98.- which will be more affordable than for me here in Europe. For Europe they add taxes which makes it about €95.- ($120.-) finally.

Anyway itīs a nice little drum VI and the Realitone stuff normally works well. Itīs an interesting alternative option to the Logic Drummer for Pro Tools users and PC guys. Sounds much better than
Steinbergīs Groove Agent and it feels more natural than even the Toontrack stuff. And it is more fun to use finally. Itīs very musically sounding imo. But that's my personal opinion only of course.

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
Jack,

thank you. From these guys you could get it for about $98.- which will be more affordable than for me here in Europe. For Europe they add taxes which makes it about €95.- ($120.-) finally.

Anyway itīs a nice little drum VI and the Realitone stuff normally works well. Itīs an interesting alternative option to the Logic Drummer for Pro Tools users and PC guys. Sounds much better than
Steinbergīs Groove Agent and it feels more natural than even the Toontrack stuff. And it is more fun to use finally. Itīs very musically sounding imo. But that's my personal opinion only of course.

Cheers.
Thanks for the link. The cynic in me has to ask how can they do this? I see it's a limited time reduced price but still there's a little voice in me saying to be wary.

QAPLA!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the link. The cynic in me has to ask how can they do this? I see it's a limited time reduced price but still there's a little voice in me saying to be wary.
I bought the Realitone drums yesterday from the vstbuzz link.
Works great here. Too early to say if I like it better than the NI drums.