Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2014, 02:41 PM

Default HDX1 Pro Tools 10 and video/screen issues

Our Set up:
Early 2009 Mac Pro 2x2.66 Quad Core intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.8.5
48 Gig of Ram
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
27" Apple Monitor
Pro Tools 10.3.6
AVID HDX1
AVID 16x16
Digidesign 192
Euphonix MC Control & Mix
V-Control

The Issues: We have been running this set up for about a year now and it works for the most part. When we do just audio we have no issues right off the bat.
But it slowly gets slower - by slower I mean that the screen does not keep up with Pro tools. All of our tracks play back fine but the screen is off.

You can see this primarily in the Meters. They begin to lag and get slower. After that there is a delay on start then.

To Make it worse: two actions will always make this worse. The First is to run Melodyne. It just seems to make it slower

Secondly, it gets worse if you open the midi window - that will make it go to a crawl.

Its seems I have read most everything on the forum through searches. But I may have missed something.

Any Ideas as to what could be the cause?

It feels like it is the video card but It doesnt do this in any other programs at all.

THanks

Jeffe
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM

Default Re: HDX1 Pro Tools 10 and video/screen issues

Hi: your setup doesn't look good on the RAM amount. Are all the dimms the same size/same speed?, that's mandatory, you can't mix size/speeds since that's affect the processors performance.

Also, if you think the video board is maybe broken, can you try another one an check it?
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 AM

THanks feliponk for the response.

I will check on the RAM.

The video card seems to be in working condition and we have no problems in any other program at all with it.

I brought that up as perhaps someone else might have the same issue and wondered if they found that particular card was not playing nice with pro Tools HDX

THanks
Old 01-24-2014, 11:52 AM

Ok it looks like we found the culprit.

We have removed all input devices from your set up.

The Euphonix
the V Control
and we had a Apple Track Pad and blue tooth. ( I think this is the issue)
And another mouse that Clients would use for input -

Some how we were getting a conflict. We are going to continue to test this weekend in our sessions and make sure. its solved then we will try and break it again to find the exact cause.
We'd like the Euphonix and the V control back.. But we are just happy to have our smooth work flow back!

Thanks