Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-07-2012, 03:14 AM

Default Eleven Rack not Booting in Standalone Mode

Hi Folks

I've just taken delivery of a new Eleven Rack and it works fine when connected to my iMac. It will not boot properly in standalone mode however (not connected to computer). It gets stuck on the Eleven Rack Logo. I have tried resetting the unit as per instructions in the Avid help area and also updated the firmware to the latest version.

Have I made a classic beginner's mistake and done something stupid or do I have a hardware problem?

Any guidance from those more experienced would be very much appreciate. I have a live performance in 2 weeks and I'd love to have everything working in time for that show.

Michael
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not Booting in Standalone Mode

Hi Michael,

Were you able to resolve your eleven rack not booting issue? If so could you please share what you did to resolve the issue?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not Booting in Standalone Mode

I would use your free ASC that you get with a new Eleven Rack to contact Avid support and get help. This is such a rare event that I don't think you will find much help here. Avid may give you back the ASC if you ask nicely as this is likely a hardware fault. you might get though their phone support for hardware repair without an ASC, but the ASC may just make this all happen more easily/quicker.

Check with the retailer, there is a (slim chance) they may also take a unit back- a much higher chance if ti was a demo or open box unit or similar.

Darryl