Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 06:21 AM

Default Use MSI Afterburner to control GPU fan speed?

I got a new GPU for my "everyday" computer, and decided to install my old GPU (Nvidea GeForce 7600 GT) into my ProTools rig. I previously was using onboard graphics to run my 2 monitors, which I know is not the preferred method for ProTools. I loaded up GPU-Z and noticed the fan speed on the GPU is at a constant 65%. The GPU temp varies from 50C to about 56C when playing a DVD movie on one of the monitors.

I was wondering if anyone uses MSI Afterburner on their ProTools rig to set a fan speed profile, or if this might cause a conflict with the operation of ProTools? In the Nvidea Control Panel, there are not any settings for fan speed control, so maybe the 65% is fine.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.