Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2016, 11:06 AM

Default Record Streaming Audio from Computer w / MBox 3 Pro

I do voiceover work with an audio chain of mic > Preamp > dbx 1066 > Mbox 3 Pro > PC w/ Pro Tools 11. However my computer plays ALL it's audio through the Mbox, not just audio from Pro Tools. Apparently it either bypasses the soundcard or utilizes the sound card. I don't know which as it's beyond my knowledge, but the output volume is controlled from the Mbox 3 to my KRK VXT4 speakers using the Mbox Pro 3 outputs.

I would like to be able to record some of this audio coming from websites and such but, while I hear the sound, there's no input registering the audio coming in.

Is it possible to record audio, i.e., websites, streaming, etc. from my computer into Pro Tools and if so, how do I channel it in?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Record Streaming Audio from Computer w / MBox 3 Pro

This has been covered on DUC a lot in the past. From solutions using Windows "Stereo Mix" input to S/PDIF or analog connections from the computer sound card to an external interface. You should be able to search here (or via Google) and find all the info you need.

You'll likely be switching over to a dedicated sound card for Windows and leaving your interface for Pro Tools. It's the Windows sound device now because you've configured it that way in the Windows Sound Control Panel.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Record Streaming Audio from Computer w / MBox 3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRVoice View Post
I do voiceover work with an audio chain of mic > Preamp > dbx 1066 > Mbox 3 Pro > PC w/ Pro Tools 11. However my computer plays ALL it's audio through the Mbox, not just audio from Pro Tools. Apparently it either bypasses the soundcard or utilizes the sound card. I don't know which as it's beyond my knowledge, but the output volume is controlled from the Mbox 3 to my KRK VXT4 speakers using the Mbox Pro 3 outputs.

I would like to be able to record some of this audio coming from websites and such but, while I hear the sound, there's no input registering the audio coming in.

Is it possible to record audio, i.e., websites, streaming, etc. from my computer into Pro Tools and if so, how do I channel it in?

Thanks!
Ur not suppose to use any avid product as your default device. Leave em uncheck otherwise the cause problems. You could easily run a 1/8 output from ur computer sound card into a 1/4 input on your mbox and record website audio just as if it were vocals or a guitar