Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Default MC mix fader doesn't respond to touch

I just did a search of the forum and can't find anyone reporting this problem. Basically, the fader won't move, even before Pro Tools is launched. It doesn't seem to recognize that it's being touched. I had this happen on my first MC mix with fader #7 and after a couple of attempts to fix it, Euphonix swapped out the unit for me. Now the problem has returned after about 4 months on the replacement unit on fader #1.

The fader doesn't pair up properly in the hardware test and swapping the plastic touch cap or taking it off to make better touch contact has no effect on the problem. I thought I'd try to research to see if this has been a common problem or is something strange going on particular to my studio before I call them again.

All the other functions of the fader strip work properly and if I move the fader within pro tools, the fader on the mix will move accordingly.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 AM

Default Re: MC mix fader doesn't respond to touch

Please, do not be offended, just to rule out the most obvious question - you do always put your finger "in" the button and never push it from "below"?

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem with the MC Mix and mine's working just fine... No noise and no fader problems so far.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Not offended, but that's not it unfortunately. I've had HUIs, Mackie Controls, etc. I tried the hand cream on the finger tips, etc and gotten other people to touch them just to make sure it's not me. Got the latest version of PT and the latest firmware. I've cleaned out all the software and started from scratch, but even with no ethernet cable, the first fader resists movement. You can force it, but it bounces back. Normally before Pro Tools is launched all the faders will move freely.

What I'm baffled about is that this is my second unit that's developed the same issue and I don't see anyone else reporting this issue on the forum.

Neale
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 AM

You seem to have done almost everything. Are your mixing faders in the Pro Tools software marked Latch or Read and write? Do you have anyone with Logic 9 software so you can test if it behaves the same in Logic?

(What is the serial number of those two MC Mix? Are they manufactured at the same time?)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix