Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2022, 11:07 PM

Default “Something went wrong“ w iLok and Avid

I’m trying to download Pro Tools Ultimate Trial.

1. Avid wants to link my Avid account to my iLok account. I enter my iLok info. Avid returns the error: “Something went wrong. Please try again.”

2. I sign in to the iLok site. It shows an Avid authorization has successfully been placed on my iLok account: “You've authorized the following companies to access your iLok account. Avid Access Granted 04/20/2022.”

3. I try again from Avid to sign in to my iLok account. Avid returns the same error: “Something went wrong. Please try again.” I try again with no luck.

I’ve tried different browsers, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I’ve allowed cookies and cross-site tracking. All browsers return this result.

Anyone have any advice?
Old 04-20-2022, 11:23 PM

Default Re: “Something went wrong“ w iLok and Avid

I found an account using the email address you're using here but there's no products and the Contact Details haven't been completed. If that's the account in question please complete that and try again. If using an account with a different email address, please Create A Case under Account Support at avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support to provide your info. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2022, 11:47 PM

Hi. Thanks for the fast response! I did click the contact link you provided, and the billing and shipping contact details listed there are complete and up to date. I have an old TDM system with Core and Accel cards and a 192 interface that I haven’t used in ten years. To replace that TDM system, I just bought a used Native Thunderbolt box that I want to use with ProTools Ultimate. I’m trying to download a trial version. That’s when I ran into the problem described above. I’ll be happy to provide any more information you might need. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-20-2022, 11:53 PM

Must be a different account then, so please Create A Case under Account Support at avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support to provide your info. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2022, 06:07 PM

These steps fixed my problem described above:

In Safari preferences [Websites > Pop-up Windows], “When visiting other websites,” select “Allow.”

In Safari preferences [Privacy], uncheck "Prevent cross site tracking” and uncheck "Block all cookies."

After making these selections, I could link my Avid Master Account with my iLok account.