Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM

Default Fast Track USB Interface Compatability Issues...HELP

I have had the Pro Tools M-Powered Essential with M-Audio Fast Track USB Interface for a long time (I think its 1st Gen) and recently started playing around with it again.

I have Windows 8 and while I know its compatability issues are clearly listed on the box but I would have thought that by now there would be some driver that supported it. It says Windows XP or Vista.

It installs and loads. I downloaded the driver with Windows 8 Support from the Avid Legacy Drivers section.

The problem is this:
I "Create New Session" and it allows me to get to the Name the Session portion and doesn't let me save to open the session. I tried "Create using a template" but I get a hardware error code. I was really hoping that there was a way around this.

Thanks for your time.