Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Sheldon showing stuff @ Plasa

I haven't seen this posted here, so here we go:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2010/...lq_cid=3912520

I'm really exited about the AVnu thing. Can't wait to leave all the XLR's home
Old 10-21-2010, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Sheldon showing stuff @ Plasa

This is soo great! I'm guessing that just the data is transmitted via ethernet, audio still comes through HDx, correct?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 10-22-2010, 04:12 PM

I'm looking forward to that feature. That will be awesome! Is there a date when that will be available?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 PM

As Sheldon said, it is a product prototype, not officially out yet.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 PM

I believe you are talking about different things, the Pro Tools getting channel names from the desk should be ready to go I believe and will be introduced soon as I understand, but the AVB connection using Ethernet cables and switches to transfer audio over Ethernet is a prototype card in the Venue and has no release date set.

There are not too many manufacturers in the AVnu alliance, but the ones that are there are pretty strong ones like AVID, Harmann group, Meyer Sound, Shure and Sennheiser. So we are probably going to see a pretty cool way of connecting products by these companies over the Ethernet in the future.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
I believe you are talking about different things, the Pro Tools getting channel names from the desk should be ready to go I believe and will be introduced soon as I understand...
...what I was referring to.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Wow, the AVNu stuff looks incredible. Imagine networking all your outputs in the same stream, from IEMs to system drive. Somebody get d&b in on this and I'll go ahead and lose a couple trunks of cabling.

And the session from Venue feature is impressive but I can't wait for the next level, opening a Venue file in Protools complete with plugins, eq, etc...

And I'm a fan of anything that justifies purchasing an iPad...

Looking good Avid.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Lind View Post
Wow, the AVNu stuff looks incredible. Imagine networking all your outputs in the same stream, from IEMs to system drive. Somebody get d&b in on this and I'll go ahead and lose a couple trunks of cabling.

And the session from Venue feature is impressive but I can't wait for the next level, opening a Venue file in Protools complete with plugins, eq, etc...

And I'm a fan of anything that justifies purchasing an iPad...

Looking good Avid.
New Venue systems will probably be capable of driving speaker systems from internal processing. Meyer will just give us a "plugin" and thats all. I had a privilege to talk to Mr. Big Mick when Metallica was doing the arena round stage show lately and they were sending a very large number of system processing channels to the Meyer PA hanging in like 8 clusters + flying main subs and the ones on the ground. And they had to convert couple of times from D to A to D to A to get the signal to speakers with reasonable amount of cabling. Imagine all this could be just CAT5's running in a circle.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 PM

I was told that the Protools things is working with 8.1 and VNC but I've not gotten around to trying it yet. Has anyone managed to get it to work?

Looking forward to the AVB IO, It would get rid of a set of D/A A/D converters when connecting to Dmitri.