Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Avid

Default Re: fader automation stops during pass

We have been investigating this issue and have traced it back to a bad batch of integrated circuits that were installed in some of the initial S1 units. If you experience this issue and suspect you may have one of these units, please contact Avid Customer Support who will help you troubleshoot the issue to determine if your unit needs to be replaced.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:58 AM

4 units all having this behavior.... just called customer support and am awaiting a callback from the Pro Console Department or something like that. How quickly can I expect this callback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We have been investigating this issue and have traced it back to a bad batch of integrated circuits that were installed in some of the initial S1 units. If you experience this issue and suspect you may have one of these units, please contact Avid Customer Support who will help you troubleshoot the issue to determine if your unit needs to be replaced.

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA
Old 03-03-2020, 05:38 PM

Ok well at least we know what it is, thanks Eddie.
I've opened a case, so hopefully we'll get some movement going on getting these duff surfaces replaced quickly.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
How does this work, do you recall them from dealers?

I imagine some are still sitting around waiting to be ordered.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:15 AM

I get the impression from Avid support that they know the range of serial numbers that are affected.
So I suppose they will recall S1's within that range?
Only guessing though.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:38 AM

Anyway I would enjoy it if someone would react on my support case 03875698
I thougt we pay for 24 hour support

Meanwhile they asked for my adress. Seems that they will send me something new..
Ale

Last edited by Ale; 03-04-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:37 PM

So the problem is found ! Great !
But can we be sure that all the S1 in store are now without that big problem ?!
Do you call back all the affected units ?
Is it a wide range of units ?
I think we need a little more explanation about that.

We want to buy 5 or more units but prefer to be sure about that before.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2020, 02:20 PM

Dang.. same issue here. I guess the unit's going back. Can anyone point me to the best way to get this taken care of? I only see options for annual plan or purchased support, not warrantee support. Thank you!

Last edited by DBboy; 03-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
My fader during automation stays working after several minutes - does that mean I do not have a defective unit?
Old 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM

DBboy... as per Eddie's instructions:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBboy View Post
Dang.. same issue here. I guess the unit's going back. Can anyone point me to the best way to get this taken care of? I only see options for annual plan or purchased support, not warrantee support. Thank you!

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA