Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2016, 01:54 AM

Default PT12 upgrade plan woes

More licensing upgrade woes I'm afraid...

I went into my account on 3 September this year to renew my software update plan for the next 12 months. I don't need the support option as, frankly, IMHO it's useless. I selected the software update and paid for this using my credit card. When I got the confirmation back I was surprised to see that I'd been invoiced for 12 months support instead. I contacted Avid to explain what had happened, but they say that all sales are final and they cannot refund anything.

The "contract" doesn't start until 18 September, I have absolutely no need for their support and I am sure that I ordered the correct item.

I'm in contact with my credit card company to see what they can do, but it just reinforces my opinion of Avid - just a bunch of money-grabbing, don't-care ******* (I'll leave you to fill in the rest of this).

Studio One is looking more enticing by the day...
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 09-12-2016, 02:12 AM

Default Re: PT12 upgrade plan woes

Under normal circumstances you can select to upgrade Pro Tools only or to upgrade Pro Tools and the Support Plan before you add it to your cart.
However this works for Pro Tools "Vanilla" only. With Pro Tools HD you cannot ditch the Support. You have to renew the whole package.

I renewed both versions in June without experiencing any problems but they don´t tell you clearly what is what. You have to be careful to separate
the Pro Tools upgrades and the Support Plan correctly before buying it because once bought there is no way back obviously.

Anyway I have to say Avid Support was kind and helpful guiding me through some sorting out regarding 2 different versions of PT HD I had in my
account so that I could get only the upgrades I really needed finally.

Cheers.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:18 AM

Default Re: PT12 upgrade plan woes

Jeffro stepped in here and applied a degree of common sense. I now have what I was trying to order, so I'm a happy bunny.

I know we all (like to) bash Avid, but, for once, they have listened and done the Right Thing, so credit should be due (with my thanks).

Now, if only we could clone him and get the rest of the organisation sorted then we'll all be laughing...
FaceBook
MySpace