Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 07-29-2001, 10:01 PM

Default C24 mic pre layout

I bought the C24 instead of the ProControl because I thought I could get around buying a 1622 & get a free upgrade to PT 5.1. I figured I saved myself around $4500.00 (ballpark). I've had my share of problems but so far Digi has been great in taking care of me & board #3 will be on it's way as soon as the EEPROM update for the monitor problem (LOS) is available. Anyway, I bring a rack of synths normalled into line inputs 1-16 & when I'm doing some midi work, I monitor thru several aux inputs. So, say I've got 8 midi trax showing up on the console. Then on top of that 8 stereo aux inputs to monitor midi. Couple that with the fact that the Mic/Line strips don't align with the aux inputs can make for a very confusing layout. I know I'll get used to working this way in time, but coming from a straight audio console to this thing seems to take up some serious brain power that I'm a little short on right now after working a lotta bugs out. I normal the Mic pre's to the 888's inputs thru a tt patchbay. Any body gotta simpler scheme or tips you want to throw out there? Was I thinking logically when I decided to get this thing as opposed to a ProControl & one or two 1622's? I thought I was. Thanks for any comments.