How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 PM

Default Artist Control's Transport and Faders not working with FCP

Hi all,
I just bought Artist Control for using it with FCP. The Softkeys and Tounchscreen work very nicely with FCP. However, the Transport, like Play button, and all the Faders have no response at all. Also, the Knobs don't work. Please help me!
Let me give you more information:
1)Workstation Application button works.
2)Next to the Faders, there is an ASSIGN button, it works and can lead to Assign tab of EuControl Settings. However, I cannot assign anything on this tab (please see the attached jpg), not even checking any box in "Lock to application." I saw the demo video on Avid TV, under Assigned To in this EuControl Settings can choose the audio tracks, but I have nothing and cannot do anything.
3)My OS is 10.9.5, which is not officially supported by EuControl software. Does it matter for this problem?
Any light from you guys, please.
Thanks.
King
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No response of Assign Tab.jpg (76.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-20-2015, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Artist Control's Transport and Faders not working with FCP

Things don't get better. I tried my Artist Control on another iMac, whose OS is 10.8.5 compatible with EuControl software, but exactly the same problems occurred, so it may not be due to OS problem. Then what is the problems that the Faders and Transport on this Artist Control have no response with FCP? A defected product?
Anyone can help, please?
Thanks.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Artist Control's Transport and Faders not working with FCP

You know what.
So, I used the complimentary ASC (Avid Support Code) to ask Avid for help, and they had a ASC form web page for you to fill up all the information before you could get an online chat. I tried to get on this page many time, and I repeatedly got this message:
Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.
Well, you may say: try few more times, maybe a lot of people asking for help. I did try many times, and on very rare occasions, I may be lucky to get through the page and fill up the information. Of course, some blanks were compulsory, or you couldn't get it through to the next step. However, there was a blank named Question Level 2 for you to choose one of the options, but guess what, there was only one option called NONE! So, I could only choose NONE! Then I clicked NEXT on the bottom of this web page and expected to get a real online chat, but it just said, Error: Question Level 2 needed to be chosen. What? Error!? It has only NONE for me to choose!
Avid! Are you setting me up to avoid your responsibility of your product?
Then, I called their Support number, and I was preparing to wait for very a long time. But even worse, after transferring me to many lines, they just asked me to leave my number, but I was not in US, and anyway, I left my number, and then the line was cut off automatically by their system. Will they really call me back? No, at least not yet!
What should I do? Highly likely, RETURN it with deep disappointment about Avid! Too bad, at least, B&H customer hot line for returning product has a real person to pick up and give me a RMA number.
Bad! Disappointing!

Last edited by c3kings; 01-20-2015 at 08:24 PM.